Weather Widget Location

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why my weather widget location doesn't change when I travel. I had an S3, G2 and G3 and could always find the setting for this. I can't on this one. Anyone help?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why my weather widget location doesn't change when I travel. I had an S3, G2 and G3 and could always find the setting for this. I can't on this one. Anyone help?

Get the Android weather app...Been using it for a while now, and it changes location automatically to where u travel!

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using transparent weather. Was using Zooper as well and have tried the Android app.

All of them won't change locations even though I have checked the box for it to do that.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm using transparent weather. Was using Zooper as well and have tried the Android app.

All of them won't change locations even though I have checked the box for it to do that.

Do you keep your location toggle turned on? I've had issues before where weather widgets wouldn't update but since I've kept this on I haven't had any more problems.

Attachments

• 1423962980458.jpg
    1423962980458.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 28

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you keep your location toggle turned on? I've had issues before where weather widgets wouldn't update but since I've kept this on I haven't had any more problems.
Those weather widgets depend on location services to update their location.

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Interesting... or aggravating, depending on which side of this issue you're on. I also use Transparent Weather, but without your issue. I, also, leave my location turned on. In the settings menu, under the weather and location settings, the only box I have checked is the one that says "use my location". Other than that, nothing special, and it always changes to reflect my current location. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else to look at; there isn't anything really complex about this app. Does your phone find your location while using Google maps? If none of the weather apps are changing location, it makes me wonder if the GPS on your phone is working properly.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
figured it out with Android weather widget. Had to tap the city on the screen, gave me the option of using location.

Never had to do this with other phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar