Note 4 Camera

Lensbabyd

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all. Yes I have tried the Google camera app and others and downloaded burst mode. Burst mode = better results but still not up to what I can get straight off the Sony without having to apply a special mode (with kids the moment is gone by the time you fanny about resetting the mode)... And yes I don't much like the Sammy processing.

I would like the note 4 features (Oh I loved the s pen) and form factor, a dedicated hardware camera button, the Sony chip/mp count from their latest models, the I phone camera interface and Motos 'twist to capture' please.... Ideally in a Sony water/dustproof housing. The moon on a stick as well while I'm asking.... Lol.

Lensbabyd

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Should add I don't like HDR modes. I tend to post process my pics so will adjust later but not a fan of the HDR style..... <quietly sobs for film, silver halides and grain >

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Also I've noticed when you manually select iso.. when you restart the camera app it reverts to auto iso. Absolute pain in the arse

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Still so disappointed with the N4 camera worst performing camera I've ever used to be fair. It's so slow... in all fairness it's software related rather than hardware. ... but it still has not been addressed three months after release. The phone itself is great but if a camera was important to someone. ... I could not recommend it to them. Never had the issue with the note 2.... iPhone smashes this with regards to performance

Posted via the Android Central App

Funny how opinions vary so much on this model. I have had no issues with the camera what so ever. As a matter of fact, In the side by side comparisons I've done, it beats the iPhone 6 hands down. Even in low light.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Yes I have tried the Google camera app and others and downloaded burst mode. Burst mode = better results but still not up to what I can get straight off the Sony without having to apply a special mode (with kids the moment is gone by the time you fanny about resetting the mode)... And yes I don't much like the Sammy processing.

I would like the note 4 features (Oh I loved the s pen) and form factor, a dedicated hardware camera button, the Sony chip/mp count from their latest models, the I phone camera interface and Motos 'twist to capture' please.... Ideally in a Sony water/dustproof housing. The moon on a stick as well while I'm asking.... Lol.

I know about kids as I have 2 little ones also, but unlike you I've gotten some great results from this phone. Sometimes I will switch over to Camerazoomfx or Google Camera, because I think they hold focus better than the stock app.

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Omg. I totally understand about the software for the camera app. I mean thr hardware is fine. But it takes pics slow. Even when taking selfies i end up with 7 blurred ones to ever clear one. I tried to take some pics of a bird putside and it came out real grainy. I know probably settings issue. But everytime i set them then i have to re set them when i wanna take anothet pic. Come on!!! Plus when i wanna text the pics to someone its an act of congress. Half the time they dont send i have to turn off wifi or keep trying over ans over --- i thought droids had much better technology than iphone idk not impressed with video and pics. Also why do i have to download app after app for this to work or that to work. Seriously? Im not asking for anything special. Focus quickly and easily send pics and video thru text and email easier at least more user friendly. Or give more info on how to do this in thr help menu Ugh. Yes somewhat of a rant. But i expected more in the note4

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 4 briefly, one of the reasons I didn't keep it was because of the camera (the other was the size). Dont get me wrong it takes decent pics..but coming from a iPhone 6 it doesn't compare. iPhone 6 camera is truly point and shoot. I didn't have to go in and adjust a bunch of settings to get a great shot every time. if I wasn't spoiled by the iPhone camera I would've probably been satisfied with the Note pics. I have 2 small kids that I take tons of pics of and the Note 4 camera just couldn't keep up with the time it takes to focus and snap the pic the moment I was trying to capture is gone.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i don't mind the back camera but honestly i find the front face camera pretty week i tried different settings they all come up grainy. I wish they put the same camera power on the s6 and s6 edge on the current note 4. Definitely looking forward to the note 5 edge.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting on a swap from Verizon due to the focus issue and other issues I have. Luckily they're overnighting me a replacement , easy peasy... Also, macro sucks on the Note 4, I miss the "macro option" I had in my old S3, that allowed me to take awesome pics from just an inch away, when I try this on my Note, it's ALL BLUR.. On my old S3 I could take a really close up pic of like my jeans for example and see every thread like a microscope. I tried this on my Note several times and it just can't..

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the Note 4 camera and take a lot of pics. I have many friends with the iPhone 6 and 6+ and even they compliment on how good my pictures turn out vs the iPhone. Outdoors, the camera is outstanding. Focuses fast and takes great pics. Indoors and/or poor lighting it does tend to suffer more in terms of quality but I find that's true with any phone camera. I use the default Samsung camera app with HDR on. Here's one I took of my dogs outside.

20141127_095104.jpg

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have never had a problem with how the camera performs. Personally I think it takes great pictures but that is just me. Some of the close ups I have taken are super sharp and clear.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So after a couple days of using my Verizon swap, much much better camera. Camera locks on almost instantly now. So it was most definitely a hardware issue for me. Macro still doesn't compare to my old S3 "Macro option" and is probably a limitation of the OIS/camera as anything under 2 inches away is impossible to focus perfectly on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol