My phone knows last time I did a factory reset?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
If my phone knows this who knows what Samsung or Verizon knows

12bd593dc9b99ec80220a2019496f753.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

respibob

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't it know this? It knows the last time you made a call, the last time you opened Chrome, etc. It's a computer.

Posted via my awesome Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're worried about that kind of stuff I suggest to opt out of the Verizon "super cookie" thing :).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Then maybe you didn't hard enough, or understand what you were looking at.

Lmao I 100% understand what I was looking at and looked at my phones and they NEVER showed it ....would take pics but don't obviously have thee phones any more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Heck, Verizon knows how hot your battery is at any given moment. All of the carriers have technology in place that monitors the phone. Remember the days of calling up Verizon and saying your phone battery is getting too hot, or that it is randomly rebooting. A lot of people figured out the automatic complaints that would trigger a phone replacement. Yes, dishonest people who .... oops..... scratched their phone and all of a sudden didn't like it because it wasn't pristine. Yes, just call Verizon, complain that its getting too hot, or rebooting, then lie to them that you did a factory reset yourself (which would shorten the tech support call time significantly) and you have a fresh new phone on the way overnight. These phones are essentially very powerful computers and they do cost a fair bit of money. Did you think the carriers wouldn't eventually find a way to call bull **** on your fake defective device complaint. Last time I called Verizon, they told me what my phones battery temperature was, and let me tell you, they were spot on. So, no more falsely reporting defective devices so you can get a new unscratched model. Those days are coming to an end.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
then it's not "Factory" is it? What else is it hanging on to in there?

This is ancient history but I had a refurb Blackberry that had a previous owner's Pandora login info stored inside of it. When I installed pandora it fired right up with some chicks crappy music taste playlist. and I could see her email address.