Loose S Pen

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Like so many others I really love my Note 4. It has everything and it does everything well. One niggle, though. My S Pen is not held inside the phone's holster nearly as securely as my Note 3's S Pen. It's not so loose that it would just fall out of the phone on its own but it certainly doesn't take as much effort to remove as the one on my Note 3. Is this common or something unique to my unit? ...just wondering.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have no other Notes to compare mine to, it's very easy to take it out but it doesn't feel like it would be likely to fall out on its own.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I would try to take a small piece of tape and apply it to the Silver Band and see if that tightens it up. You may have to play with the amount of tape.
Good Luck!
Ron

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like it might be faulty. No way the pen could fall out on mine.

Trying it, it seems to be that it's gripped at the top end not the bottom as I'd expected as it can go in upside down.

Maybe you could check in a shop to make sure you do have a note 4 pen and not a different one?

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it might be faulty. No way the pen could fall out on mine.

Trying it, it seems to be that it's gripped at the top end not the bottom as I'd expected as it can go in upside down.

Maybe you could check in a shop to make sure you do have a note 4 pen and not a different one?

Posted via the Android Central App
This is very weird. I switched the S Pen with my Note Edge (they're the same part... interchangeable) and the Note Edge's S Pen seems to be held tighter in the Note 4. The Note 4's S Pen doesn't seem as loose in the Note Edge as it did in the Note 4.

So it seems like the minor issue (small S Pen manufacturing tolerance difference) is completely solved. I hate that I'm so anal about these things that I even noticed it let alone mentioned it.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The pen on my Note Edge fits much tighter then the pen on my Note 4. The first day I pulled out the pen on the Edge, I really had to claw at it. I still do.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The pen on my Note Edge fits much tighter then the pen on my Note 4. The first day I pulled out the pen on the Edge, I really had to claw at it. I still do.

That's how my Note 3 is, it's pretty tight, not that I mind. The S Pen on the Note Pro 12.2 is a little looser, but not too lose too. I think it's very slight size variances in the S Pen but perhaps not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12