I'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Can you really use the 6+ one handed? That phone is awkwardly large and "ONLY" has a 5.5" screen.
Yeah, I can actually use my 6+ one-handed if I use Reachability. It is so easy to use, just a light double-tap on the home button. I wish my Note's one-handed use was activated as easily.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

Last edited:

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I use my note 4 with a case on it one handed almost 100% of the time, and could do the same with the 6+...and I don't play in the nba.

I do have pretty big hands though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, I can actually use my 6+ one-handed if I use Reachability. It so easy to use, just a light double-tap on the home button. I wish my Note's one-handed use was activated as easily.

??????from the Note 4✒ ??????

That is crazy. I have never understood the whole " I can use my phone one handed" craze. To me, the only time you really need to use your phone one handed is while you're driving, which is a BIG NO-NO! While many of us still do it, it is absolutely crazy how fast something can go wrong when you're not paying attention while driving a car. Even with much smaller phones, most people still use both hand to mess with their phones.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The only time I need to use my phone one handed, that is to make a call when I am busy doing something at the same time at my job. I just use S Voice to make a call or on my 6+, I use SIRI.

I don't think the 6+ is any more difficult to use then the Note 4.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That is crazy. I have never understood the whole " I can use my phone one handed" craze. To me, the only time you really need to use your phone one handed is while you're driving, which is a BIG NO-NO! While many of us still do it, it is absolutely crazy how fast something can go wrong when you're not paying attention while driving a car. Even with much smaller phones, most people still use both hand to mess with their phones.
In some states it is illegal to hold a phone while the vehicle is moving.

from the G Pad 8.3

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Exact same reasons I'm tempting a switch back. EVERYONE I work with & my family has an iPhone. I have zero cell service in my office. imessage & FaceTime was super slick.

Sent by my Note 4 on Tapatalk
Wow. Thinking about switching back to iOS? I tried it out for awhile and am still tempted by it, but I'm not sure I can handle that plain OS.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Thinking about switching back to iOS? I tried it out for awhile and am still tempted by it, but I'm not sure I can handle that plain OS.
It would certainly take a while to get used to. I don't think I could go back to only an iPhone. ...however, for folks that only need their phones for the content they provide the iPhone can work great.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I absolutely love my Note 4. I have no regrets at all. It's all about personal preference. If it's not for you then it's not for you.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I use an iPad and note 4 and tbh it's not that much different for me at least. I don't use a lot of widgets at all on my android phone so perhaps that why and I don't do crazy a lot different then perhaps multi tasking on my note 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I use an iPad and note 4 and tbh it's not that much different for me at least. I don't use a lot of widgets at all on my android phone so perhaps that why and I don't do crazy a lot different then perhaps multi tasking on my note 4

In the last few months I've used a Nexus 5, 6, LG G3, Note 4, and iPhone 6 Plus. The 6 Plus is a great phone. I just hate not having much option to make the phone mine. I'd love to be able to flip to one if I thought I needed a great camera and long lasting battery. I just wasn't a huge fan of what I felt was a very closed off OS. I'm sure I could use it for the long haul if I really tried or had to, but I can't knowing that Android is laying in the wings out there.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I had written a post some time ago when I was trying to decide on which device to keep; my iPhone 6 Plus or the Note 4. There were a few things that I realized; both devices did mostly the same thing, but just in different ways. For me, iOS was more intuitive and performed better in those things that I wanted to do. iOS has more features than people give it credit for. The s-pen is an amazing hardware feature that allows you to a lot of different things in a very cool way. But when I actually counted the steps it took to do some things like take a note, copy and paste, to use some of the smart actions, I could do the same things on my iPhone or iPad. And actually do it in less steps. Again, I loved my Note 4. It was the most powerful and versatile smartphone that I had ever used. But when I looked at exactly what I need from my smartphone and how I wanted it to perform, the iPhone was the winner for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

It's crazy that I use my phone one handed, and the only time I need to do this is when I'm driving? The only thing that's crazy is basically being told I use my phone wrong lol.

I have absolutely no reason to two hand my phone, almost ever. If what I'm doing requires two hands obviously i will, it's not like im trying to prove a point that I can one hand my note 4....

Any normal task like text, calling, Web browsing, email etc is all one handed 99% of the time.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It's crazy that I use my phone one handed, and the only time I need to do this is when I'm driving? The only thing that's crazy is basically being told I use my phone wrong lol.

I have absolutely no reason to two hand my phone, almost ever. If what I'm doing requires two hands obviously i will, it's not like im trying to prove a point that I can one hand my note 4....

Any normal task like text, calling, Web browsing, email etc is all one handed 99% of the time.

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I just don't understand what the big deal about using a phone (in general) with one hand is????

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I just don't understand what the big deal about using a phone (in general) with one hand is????

I guess if it's what you are used to it would be a big deal. Not for me however. I have used my smartphones with two hands ever since my first smartphone when I had the AT&T Tilt from HTC.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, I HAVE to chime in here because everyone's (up to the posts I've read) is acting like this gentleman's experience is normal behavior for the Note 4 - which they are NOT....the problems "logik brooklyn" is experiencing are not 'normal'. I have a Note 4 and have over 450 programs installed on it (a RANT for another day) and it doesn't lag at all. When it DID lag, I have ALWAYS found that it was a CA (crap app) that I'd installed, and removing it, removed my lag. Regarding the camera, I've never seen ANY camera perform as well as this thing IN LOW LIGHT, YES! Go to your camera settings, turn off your flash, turn on hdr, then go into a dark area without any iphobe's nearby (as to spare their iarrogance when their icrap is "exposed").
When they ask why your Note 4 suddenly takes such beautiful low-light photos, tell them you must have been holding it wrong.

I will give you the benifit of the doubt here and try the hdr (which I think I have already). As far as flash on or off...I've tried both. It actually takes better low light pictures with the flash on...clearer and less grainy at least.

The only problem with your statement that makes it lack aby credibility is that saying the note 4 takes BETTER low light shots than an iphone. I have 5 previous OLDER iPhones and I can promise you this isn't even close to correct. My 5 friends who I was on vacation with weren't talking from iarrogance, it was fact that their iphone 6's low light photos blew mine out of the water. MY EYES saw this too.

Besides me and my "iarrogant" friends, almost EVERY review on the internet, even real deal android die hard like yourself who discredit everything about the iphone admit it's low light camera, and camera in general is just better.

It isn't lol...just how I'm comfortable.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Well he's trying to prove the iPhone is better. To do that, you have to use the Note 4 with only one hand, and refuse to use the features that make the phone great, because it would require two hands.

I use my Note 4 with one hand most of the time, but when I need to copy and paste or do other things that is easier and more fluid with two hands, I <gasp> use both hands.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It may seem weird but some buy the Note 4 and Note Edge with no intention of using the S Pen. The phones do have a lot of other attractions like size, display quality, and specs.

📱VI+🐉

I've had a Note 2, Note 3, and now a Note 4. I can count the times I've pulled the stylus out on one hand. It's just not my cup of tea. My wife has a Note 2 and one of my daughters has a Note 3. I don't think they even know there's a stylus.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I am, and I can't do it. Apparently others can't either. Not sure if it's a carrier thing. It goes to vibrate but not mute.... which when I am in a business meeting would be nice to not turn my phone on to mute it.

I use AutomateIt to automatically mute my phone when in meetings. It uses the calendar and if a meeting is in progress the phone is muted. Automatically unmutes when the meeting is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1