Note 4 and battery - third-party options do I have?

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi there just been using my exynos note 4 for a few days now...love it. And the battery is good for a stock. But I am now investigating if there is any good other options and if anyone's found any good ones? Zero lemon looks like a brick so really don't want that. Hyperion I can't buy as I'm not in the US :( . I was wondering also if any of the bigger batteries fitted in the nice cases like spigens? That type of thing? I know the fast charge is a nice feature too maybe I could even use that suppose but a little more juice would be great!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: note 4 and battery

1) Fast charge is a Qualcom thing, you have an Exynos chipset, so ... sorry.

2) A larger battery will mean a larger (thicker) back, so it probably wouldn't fit any case not made for a larger battery. (I have a Qi receiver - for wireless charging - in my Note 3. It's very thin. It makes taking an Otterbox Defender case off a tough job because of the tension on the locks.)

http://www.amazon.com/Capable-Exten...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4254475 is twice the charge, but since it comes with a back it probably won't fit a standard case.

My solution for years (and my first phone was a MicroTAC - about 25 years ago) has been to carry a fully charged spare battery. When the internal battery gets down to 40% (you shouldn't discharge a lithium battery more than that regularly), I swap batteries. You can carry 2 spares, or 3 or as many as you need to get through the day. Chargers, to charge the battery outside the phone, are cheap.

jcords

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Hi there just been using my exynos note 4 for a few days now...love it. And the battery is good for a stock. But I am now investigating if there is any good other options and if anyone's found any good ones? Zero lemon looks like a brick so really don't want that. Hyperion I can't buy as I'm not in the US :( . I was wondering also if any of the bigger batteries fitted in the nice cases like spigens? That type of thing? I know the fast charge is a nice feature too maybe I could even use that suppose but a little more juice would be great!

Hey, same here. I've been looking for other battery options and haven't found one yet that I liked. Zerolemon is great, but it makes the phone too bulky for me. Hyperion was my next choice but can't get it either.

Try searching on Amazon, there are some that offer extended batteries with a replacement back cover and others that provide slim, high capacity batteries which can be used with regular cases.

Hope you find one to your liking. Let me know if you do.

Um, what? Fast charging works for all versions of Note 4. The only difference between the two is that the Exynos version is a little more powerful but uses a little more battery.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Hey, same here. I've been looking for other battery options and haven't found one yet that I liked. Zerolemon is great, but it makes the phone too bulky for me. Hyperion was my next choice but can't get it either.

Try searching on Amazon, there are some that offer extended batteries with a replacement back cover and others that provide slim, high capacity batteries which can be used with regular cases.

Hope you find one to your liking. Let me know if you do.

Um, what? Fast charging works for all versions of Note 4. The only difference between the two is that the Exynos version is a little more powerful but uses a little more battery.

2) A larger battery will mean a larger (thicker) back, so it probably wouldn't fit any case not made for a larger battery. (I have a Qi receiver - for wireless charging - in my Note 3. It's very thin. It makes taking an Otterbox Defender case off a tough job because of the tension on the

... is twice the charge, but since it comes with a back it probably won't fit a standard case.

My solution for years (and my first phone was a MicroTAC - about 25 years ago) has been to carry a fully charged spare battery. When the internal battery gets down to 40% (you shouldn't discharge a lithium battery more than that regularly), I swap batteries. You can carry 2 spares, or 3 or as many as you need to get through the day. Chargers, to charge the battery outside the phone, are cheap.

Yes it does fast charge so that is kind of an option. And don't want to carry any extras really. What slim high capacities do you mean? I guess I was just looking at the spigen cases and thinking they come out almost as far as the extended battery cases and wondered if one would fit. Just needs to be good quality and 4500 our so and above. Did see a crap Chinese one on ebay but at 4600 it's apparently about the same as the Samsung stock in real terms :(. I wonder if that anker might fit hmm...

Ps Argh!! Lost my post due to bad forum programming :( had a link in it so I got error and couldn't go back :(

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Get a couple spares for your Note 4. I NEVER worry about battery going down. I keep a spare in my messenger bag or backpack I am carrying. One in the glove compartment of my car, and one on my motorcycle.. :)

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Yes spares are ok but I really don't fancy keeping them around and having to take off two cases if I have an outside one too. Still not found an answer I like spigen cases but need a bigger battery hmm...might try to mod one :s ...

kanderson326

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

There are two different upgraded batteries available on ebay, they are physically the same size as factory. One is 4850mAh that keeps NFC and one is 4770 mAh with no NFC. They are both around $30. I got the 4770mAh without NFC and I use it all the time, works great, and I can get 50 hours or more with 7+ hrs screen time. uploadfromtaptalk1425393806051.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425393915627.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

There are two different upgraded batteries available on ebay, they are physically the same size as factory. One is 4850mAh that keeps NFC and one is 4770 mAh with no NFC. They are both around $30. I got the 4770mAh without NFC and I use it all the time, works great, and I can get 50 hours or more with 7+ hrs screen time. View attachment 165552View attachment 165553
Hulu

That unfortunately sounds to good to be true. I have seen 4600 Chinese ones but I don't see your ace note version on the uk. We're are the links to these batteries? I usually find these batteries do not last their rating. After all if Samsung can't hit that high and nobody else can why are these batteries not on sale everywhere :O . Sorry if it's true but I'm a bit sceptical your not a salesman.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

There are two different upgraded batteries available on ebay, they are physically the same size as factory. One is 4850mAh that keeps NFC and one is 4770 mAh with no NFC. They are both around $30. I got the 4770mAh without NFC and I use it all the time, works great, and I can get 50 hours or more with 7+ hrs screen time. View attachment 165552View attachment 165553

Although I think I found it and it looks like no ones complaining: Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay I might just try it if I can get one :s even if it hits 4000 it would be worth a try.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Assuming your not a seller of these batteries. There is a easy test sometimes with these types of things. If you don't mind maybe take off some of the outer sicker to see if there is any writing underneath. Quite often people take lesser batteries and just stick a higher rating sticker over the top. I await your photo of this if you will be so kind thanks. Just seen these batteries on Amazon as well but none have reviews they are all sold in small batches so as to not get attention...not making me particularly confident about them!

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I feel the same way Frank, that's why I just carry a spare with me and use the OEM battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

kanderson326

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Probably is a Chinese battery, but I don't care. Just trying it out, has been working the same and lasting a bit longer, going to be my extra battery... this one said was specific to t-mobile, I guess they really are different for each model/ carrier. Would be nice to test the capacity for these batteries, I doubt mine is really 4770.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Probably is a Chinese battery, but I don't care. Just trying it out, has been working the same and lasting a bit longer, going to be my extra battery... this one said was specific to t-mobile, I guess they really are different for each model/ carrier. Would be nice to test the capacity for these batteries, I doubt mine is really 4770.

Although they do have NFC which is unusual and the bit about tax paying stuff. Like I said sometimes it's easiest to just peel off the label and see if there is the real ratings written underneath. Let us know your findings from that or a comparison to the stock? Would be useful even if it hits close to 4000...could be useful. Thanks.

kanderson326

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Antutu? Nah we don't need that. And this is made in China. I happen to think they make some good batteries over there.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Antutu? Nah we don't need that. And this is made in China. I happen to think they make some good batteries over there.

Yes they make good batteries and bad batteries unfortunately with out official testing everyone will think it's worse than a stock battery :( ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan