Sprint Lollipop Update Thoughts and comments

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So far I am very pleased with the update to Lollipop. I tested the issues I have had on my S5 and my alarm goes off when the phone is muted! YAY! Everything seems very snappy. I did not do a cache reset or phone reset. No problems so far. I am curious to see if my WiFi connection becomes more persistent bouncing between my house and work (sometimes it would tell me put the WiFi password in again). Texting and other tasks are quick and very responsive. Happy so far, but updates to come with any potential issues or problems. All positive thoughts from me so far though.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
On my S5 with Lollipop, when you turn on private messages, it hides the content while on the lock screen, but once you unlock it and pull down the menu it shows you the persons name and start of the message. With 5.0.1 it keeps it hidden even if you pull down the menu. So you can't see any messages unless you open the application itself. It seems like the S5 functionality seems more accurate. If I have my phone unlocked, nothing should be hidden anymore. Am I wrong to think that?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you're just on the wrong forum.

Edit: Oops! Just saw a couple of you say it's rolling out? Will have to check it out.

Oscarillo1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to Lollipop, and so far no issues. I like the notification panel and also notifications on the lock screen. I will play during the day and post if I find any priblems or issues.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Using Camera FV-5 app, I see that RAW photo capabilities were not enabled. I think Samsung has to update their drivers to take advantage of the new RAW capabilities supported in Lollipop.

Using ES File Explorer, I was able to copy a file from internal phone storage to my installed microSD card - nice to have card writing back!

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
After the first boot it was kind of slow. Did another reboot and let it sit for a few mins and this thing flies now. Woo! No factory reset either, but of course im still going to do one just to avoid any future issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My battery is draining like mad. Two resets and a battery pull. I've lost 40 percent in two and a half hours of similar use.

rsawitzky

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
One thing i have noticed since installing this update is that my gesture to expand notifications in nova no longer works, other than that it looks and performs great so far!

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
My battery is draining like mad. Two resets and a battery pull. I've lost 40 percent in two and a half hours of similar use.

Mine was like this too at first, in fact it was so hot I had to take it out of my pocket. A couple hours later, it seems to have finished whatever it was doing and the battery is a lot better and back to normal temperatures. I think it said it was done updating, but still doing things in the background.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
How can you get rid of the search feature within text messages?

I wondered the same thing, especially since that's where you use to start a new message. I keep hitting it on accident. Would be great if you could hide, I don't see one so far though.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
One thing i have noticed since installing this update is that my gesture to expand notifications in nova no longer works, other than that it looks and performs great so far!

I haven't used Nova on Lollipop yet, only KitKat on my tablet. I would assume this is something Nova Launcher needs to fix, that was broken with the update. You may want to check for an update to see if they already have an update. I always go check for updates after an OS upgrade as there are always some pending fixes for a few apps it seems like.

rsawitzky

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used Nova on Lollipop yet, only KitKat on my tablet. I would assume this is something Nova Launcher needs to fix, that was broken with the update. You may want to check for an update to see if they already have an update. I always go check for updates after an OS upgrade as there are always some pending fixes for a few apps it seems like.
Thanks for the tip! My app is up to date but I just did a search and it seems like the change with the notification bar caused this to stop working in other phones, and the dev is looking for a workaround. Hopefully there will be an update soon to fix this issue, as with a large screen it made it much more convenient.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So far everything is going smooth. Yes, it got warm as everything was running full speed getting updated, but back to normal. Only thing I don't like is the coloring of some of the apps.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! My app is up to date but I just did a search and it seems like the change with the notification bar caused this to stop working in other phones, and the dev is looking for a workaround. Hopefully there will be an update soon to fix this issue, as with a large screen it made it much more convenient.

As a temp workaround you can try enabling the "Assistant Menu" which has a Notification Panel dropdown soft button. to do so go to Settings>Accessibility>Dexterity and interaction>Assistant menu and you can edit the button there.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I found a huge issue (imo) on the lock screen we no longer get scrolling notifications in the notifications bar because of the Sprint Logo. Is there a setting? I'm not a fan of having my notifications broadcasted on my lock screen but oddly enough I miss not being to see them scroll through. Am I the only one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome