Google+ question on Note 4

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
More of a Google+ question but since it's on my Note 4, I'll post here to see if anyone has an answer.

Under settings-storage-applications, it is showing the Google+ app is using 3.95GB worth of my Note 4's internal storage (3.9GB of that being data).

I do not use the Google+ app at all and I do not back up photos to Google+ photos. The only thing I can think of is I have a saved HD movie in Google Play but that doesn't save to Google+ correct.

I have no idea what all this data is and need to get rid of it due to low storage issues (I'm down to like 8GB internal).

Anybody with any knowledge of this?

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't explain why the app is taking up space without you using it, but I can help you regain some of it. If you go into the App manager in Settings, look for Google+ & clear the cache, that should do it.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't explain why the app is taking up space without you using it, but I can help you regain some of it. If you go into the App manager in Settings, look for Google+ & clear the cache, that should do it.

According to app manager, that will only free up 140MB. If I clear data, that will get rid of it for sure but it says it will erase all accounts and that is something I cannot have. I would love to just get rid of Google+ but you are forced to use that abortion by Google. Not forced to use it, forced to have it. Garbage.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Ended up clearing data. Didn't affect anything else (ie: gmail, Google Play, you tube, etc). Even though I deleted all my photos that were backed up to Google+ photos and turned off all settings that allow backing up, they still backed up. Google stuff is like toys r us sometimes.