Note 4 or S6 Edge?

delphox

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Should I get a Note 4 or wait for the galaxy edge to come out? I don't know if I like not having a removable battery/fixed storage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 or?

I don't. If the battery goes into thermal runaway and you can pop it out, you're out about $15 for battery. If you can't, and you don't break the cover off before your fingers melt, your phone will melt. (And replacing a removable battery isn't cheaper just because of the labor - they charge more for non-removable batteries. [Why? Because they can. The cable and connector cost a few cents.])

No SD card? Hope the phone never hard-bricks. You can boot from the SD card if the entire internal filesystem is hosed. No external card? You better have insurance.

But don't they both have SD card slots and removable batteries? Or are you talking about the S6 Edge? I wouldn't by an S6 - Edge or not. For the above reasons. (And for the lack of the S-Pen.)

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
You are asking that on a Note 4 forum so of course we're all gonna say get the Note :). S6 is being dumbed down to make it more iPhone-like and attract more mainstream users. They didnt need two high end lines. The Note line will serve the power user market.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
If you were asking for advice between two similar devices, like 'S6 or iPhone 6' or an HTC etc, well, you might get a genuine 'debate'. However, you're asking, in the cell phone community, the equivalent of someone car shopping asking 'Do I get the Ferrari or the Toyota'. Seriously, there's just absolutely NO comparison! The Note 4 is a 'phablet'...it's huge, larger than the S6, AND has removable battery and memory card. It has the S-pen. It's 10 times what the S6 could possibly be. So, pass on the Toyota and go for the Ferrari.

Posted via the awesomest phone EVER...the Note 4.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Honda forum:

Civic or corolla?

Which one should i get? I dont know if i like a toyota car since i like honda.

Go to the store and play with the note 4 and see if it's gonna change your daily life in the most satisfaction way. If its not then wait for the S6 and do what you did to the Note 4. If both fails, wait for note 5 and S7 to be announce and come back ask again which once you should get.

Posted via the Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Should I get a Note 4 or wait for the galaxy edge to come out? I don't know if I like not having a removable battery/fixed storage.

Personally, that would be enough difference for me. Add in stuff like S-Pen and it's no contest. Note 4, hands-down.

For me.

For some, the Note 4 is too big (for me, juuuuuuust right). Some may prefer the edges (I feel they'd be harder to grip the phone with them there). I hear the Edge will have a thumbnail unlock that doesn't require swiping (doesn't matter to me, my company uses MobileIron and I can only have a long password). There may be a dozen reasons why you might prefer the Edge.

It's due in a month. If you can manage with your current device until then, you might find that the Note 4 gets a price cut anyway. So may be worth waiting.

When the Edge comes out, get thee to a store and get thy hands on both, see which one has a screen that best suits your needs/tastes, feels good in the hand, then decide which phone has the features and form factor you prefer.

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 hands down. Such a fun versatile phone. Love the s pen. Love the bigger screen for gaming and web browsing.
I never liked the galaxy s series. Found them boring and nothing like a note phone.

Posted via the Android Central App