How to recover the mic icon for Text to Speech on Galaxy Note 4 keyboard

Ozzieiii

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
settings > application manager > scroll screen left to right until you reach Disable tab > enable Google Search > exit and mic icon should appear

Michael Oxenrider

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
this is the only answer that worked for me:

settings > application manager > scroll screen left to right until you reach Disable tab > enable Google Search > exit and mic icon should appear

Thanks to that poster.

Also,

This android product, like my others, is unique and seems to have problems that can only be solved through very specific ways that are almost completely unintuitive. Is this the norm for android: 1) products aren't standardized so what fixes a Galaxy note 4 won't help a Galaxy table? 2) the fixes are often bizarre?

How in the world does "enable Google search" fix my 'Samsung' keyboard? And how in the world am I expected to figure that out?

wifeyakela

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
hi.. I still cannot recover.. I followed your steps... Heck... I enabled everything that was disabled and it still doesn't work
Can you please help?

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Me, too. I get to App Mgr. & can't figure out where to "scroll screen left to right until you reach Disable tab". Where do I scroll? It just opens the App Mgr. Maybe because I've already updated to Marshmallow?

Thanks in advance.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Long press the key just left of space bar, then select the mic icon.

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-06-05-47-15-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-06-05-47-15-1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 33

Charlotte Wiggs

May 31, 2016
Visit site
You are awesome, AXEL314!!

On the Samsung J7 it's the key next to the comma (,) key...actually, the emoticons key, but if you long press it, the microphone comes up.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

ifixedit

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Help!! Please! I am on a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it will not work with the internet when I leave the house wifi to go out. Please help, and it is the second Samsung Galaxy S5 (gsm kitcat) I have had in this problem has been with both of them. I do have data and roaming and WiFi turned on. I also have Smart Switch turned on so that it should select a network when I leave WiFi on its own. Please please help! I love this phone and don't want to return it and I got it for a good price because it is used. Same thing with the first one, they came from Amazon used. I love this phone but may end up keeping my crappy S3 that is worn out just because I'm sick of the problems.
Also, I have not keyboard where it is all wacky because I picked the courts keyboard because the microphone went away and the normal ways to get it to come back we're not working, they were giving me different options to pick but no microphone icon when I helped down the button left of the space bar. Somebody else said to go into settings and scroll left to right but all that did was open up applications and I can't scroll left to right in this keeps happening. Now I can't get a regular keyboard back and I'm having to hold down a key and then swipe to get it to the right letter since there are three letters on every teeth. I have to hold down the key for a minute then move my finger and slotted to the letter L. I hate this and I want a regular keyboard again . It says it is the Samsung keyboard. Please help?
Thank you, Desiree

S G6

May 3, 2018
Visit site
Restore microphone on keyboard....settings...apps...application manager... your text message appp.. turn on microphone. Done!