Delayed group messaging problem

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: delayed group messaging

Am I the only one that gets really bad delayed text messages. Especially group

Posted via the Android Central App

I would say so...lol
I don't know which msg app you are using, but I have been using CHOMP SMS and I have no issues..5 months and this baby still doing good and I expect it for a LONG time to come..lol

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I would say so...lol
I don't know which msg app you are using, but I have been using CHOMP SMS and I have no issues..5 months and this baby still doing good and I expect it for a LONG time to come..lol

I'm using the stock text messaging app. And there have been several times where I'm in a group message and I'm getting messages 30 later than everyone else

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried a 3rd party messaging app? In all honesty, the stock one SUCKS. Which carrier are you with?

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I use Google Messenger and have this all the time. It's anything that has to do w/ MMS actually. If I am on WiFi, it will not work until I am on mobile data for some stupid reason.

Do people w/ these third party apps have this issue or can they be downloaded automatically while on WiFi? I figured this was a Samsung limitation b/c while on my Moto X, this problem never occurred and I would get my group texts far faster than my GF who has a S3.

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

That is what drove me away from the Google related apps. I HATE group messages, but I want to receive them in a timely manner. I ended on on Verizon Messages

Sent from my SM-N910V

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Recommend to switch to a different messenger. The stock one is laggy when it comes to MMS and etc. Try out chompSMS or Textra.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Try out Verizon messages. It's a really cool app and handles group messaging very well!

Not gonna lie, I just switched from Google Messenger to this.... and I like it!!! Good job, Verizon!! Looks good, highly customizable, supposedly handles group messages well... like, I'm shocked that bloat apps are something I will use as my default.

For real people, check this out.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Not gonna lie, I just switched from Google Messenger to this.... and I like it!!! Good job, Verizon!! Looks good, highly customizable, supposedly handles group messages well... like, I'm shocked that bloat apps are something I will use as my default.

For real people, check this out.
The funny this is that this isn't one of their "bloat" apps! If one of their apps should come installed on your phone it should be this one!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

The funny this is that this isn't one of their "bloat" apps! If one of their apps should come installed on your phone it should be this one!

Well crap, I just got excited over nothing lol... but really, thanks for the heads up! While I enjoyed the clean look of Google Messenger, I didn't like how uncustomizable it was.

Therealm80

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Sidebar question. I only use the stock messaging app because I can use the quick reply feature on my Gear watch. Does any of the other messaging apps allow you to do that on the Gear?

Anthony Valenti

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue? I'm having the same problem on my HTC One M8 on T-Mobile. I've used the stock messaging app, Google Hangouts and Google Messenger and I will receive group MMS 20-30 minutes after everyone else receives them.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I use Google Messenger and have this all the time. It's anything that has to do w/ MMS actually. If I am on WiFi, it will not work until I am on mobile data for some stupid reason.

Do people w/ these third party apps have this issue or can they be downloaded automatically while on WiFi? I figured this was a Samsung limitation b/c while on my Moto X, this problem never occurred and I would get my group texts far faster than my GF who has a S3.

Group messages are mms and require mobile data.

jross0427

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on my verizon Note 4. I get delays with all messaging apps. I'm about to try the Verizon app.. If it works with no delays, then I will blame verizon. Probably doing it on purpose so that everyone uses their app. It wouldn't surprise me.

Sean Dailey

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
This is driving me insane on my LG G4. A lot of my group messages get sent hours after I send them (show as "sending" for hours in the stock messaging app), and I also get delays receiving them.
I tried the LG messaging app, Google's, and Textra. All 3 had the same issues.
Trying Verizon messenger now to see if it helps.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My wife recently had a problem with her Note 4 not turning data on and off for MMS when on wifi. I suspect there could be multiple causes for this, but I was able to get this corrected for her by going to apps>all in the settings menu and clearing the caches for the Messages and MmsService apps and force stopping them. I also cleared data for the Messages app.