Can I get some help syncing my Jaybird Blubuds to my Note 4 via Bluetooth?

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a new note 4 and im having bluetooth compatibility issues with my jaybird blubuds x!!!

I just upgraded from a samsung s4 to a note 4. I also purchased a pair a jaybird bluebuds x headed phones about a year and half ago and they worked flawlessly with my s4. Now with my note 4 the signal skips and cuts out so i performed a test and this is what i did...
So i did a through side by side comparison of my jaybird bluetooth headphones with my old samsung s4 and with my new note 4... the results are as follows. ... i identified that the range with the note 4 is markedly decreased. ( in other words i can't go as far a distance from the phone when i set it down without it cutting out)..and also ( and this is the wierd and most annoying one) i can interrupt the signal very easily and at very short range if i put my body between the note 4 and the receiver of the bluetooth headphones.. ( in other words unless the phone and the headphone receiver have line of sight contact, the signal will cut out very easily and consistently...

does anybody have any answers? I know that the bt version for the headphones is 2.1 and the note 4 bt version is 4.1... I have tried everything... yes i do have the new lollipop 5.0 os

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a new note 4 and im having bluetooth compatibility issues with my jaybird blubuds x!!!

Welcome to Android Central! Is wi-fi on? Sometimes, wi-fi can interfere with Bluetooth, because they might use the same frequency (2.4 GHz). They really shouldn't cause problems for each other, but the reality is sometimes it happens. See what happens if you turn off wi-fi. If Bluetooth works fine, then try using the 5 GHz band, if you have a dual band router. Otherwise, log into your router's settings and change the wi-fi channel.

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have a new note 4 and im having bluetooth compatibility issues with my jaybird blubuds x!!!

Hey, so i tried that with no success... it didnt seem to have any effect what soever. Im wondering if its either a samsung or a google software issue. Im kinda disappointed i really loved my bluebuds... ive read on other threads that people are having similar issues but ive tried all of the suggestions and have run out of ideas. Maybe ill just have to wait and see if a patch or software update becomes available. My girlfriend also has a set of jaybird bluebuds, ill try hers tonight and see if i have the same issue issue...

Posted via the Android Central App

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm using the same combo and they're working well for me. What kind of range are you talking about where failure occurs?

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

Lets say i put the note 4 down and walk away... the distance i can go from the phone without losing bt signal is significantly shorter than the distance that i can go with my s4. (About half). Whats more troubling is that when i turn my back and face away from the phone, and crouch down i physically put my body inbetween the phone and the bluetooth receiver on the bluebuds, the sound cuts out, but if i turn back towards the phone and keep the connection path open with no obstruction then the signal works fine.. same goes if i have the phone in my back left pocket and I'm wearing the ear buds.. since i dont have direct line of sight for the 2 devices the signal cuts out bad... so i take it out of my pocket and hold it in front its fine... i dunno maybe its the earbuds. How long have you had your jaybirds?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Lets say i put the note 4 down and walk away... the distance i can go from the phone without losing bt signal is significantly shorter than the distance that i can go with my s4. (About half). Whats more troubling is that when i turn my back and face away from the phone, and crouch down i physically put my body inbetween the phone and the bluetooth receiver on the bluebuds, the sound cuts out, but if i turn back towards the phone and keep the connection path open with no obstruction then the signal works fine.. same goes if i have the phone in my back left pocket and I'm wearing the ear buds.. since i dont have direct line of sight for the 2 devices the signal cuts out bad... so i take it out of my pocket and hold it in front its fine... i dunno maybe its the earbuds. How long have you had your jaybirds?

I got the Jaybirds back in in December.

v1ced

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Greetings from the Netherlands!

I used to use the Bluebuds for quite a long time as well! Awesome earbuds!
Especially during long runs I used them... but the problems started when I included a bluetooth heart rate monitor.
I noticed that the signal of my bluebuds where constantly interrupted. However when I only use the earbuds, no problems occured. Also the distance between my phone and the buds was no issue.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I have a set of BlueBuds as well and they're working great. I do use them less now since I got the Gear Circle but I just tested them right now and I don't have the issue the OP is having.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz