How do you enable S-pen after you have pull it out already?

A

AC Question

how do you enable s-pen after you have pull it out already?

hey there
does anyone know how to get the option back on screen like when you pull the pen out of the phone note 4

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do you enable s-pen after you have pull it out already?

click the button on the pen once when it is near the screen

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

That's odd, Are your settings turned on?

Attachments

• 1426171157055.jpg
    1426171157055.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 112

Seadart1

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Air Command does not seem to be possible on the Note 4 once you have dismissed it. I have a 10.1 note 2014 tablet with s pen and there it works well - hover over the screen and press the button. On the Note 4 nothing happens!!! I have tried the note 4 pen on the tablet and that works - so both pens work on the 10.1 2014 and neither on the Note 4. Other functions of the pen work but not Air command. Air command will appear if you set it to come when you remove the pen but once dismissed, it stays dismissed. I notice that on the note 4 there is a single ring under the pointer whereas on the 10.1 2014 there is a double ring under the pointer.
I have tried changing every setting for the s pen I can find and rebooting the device then setting the s pen up again in settings - no luck.
Any ideas anyone? Will lollipop make a difference when that ever arrives in this part of the world - Netherlands.
The device is about 10 days old so I am back to the shop tomorrow.

Seadart1

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Solved it!!
First, drink a glass of red wine!!! Then bring the pen close to the screen BEFORE pressing the button. When close to the screen, press and release the button; on releasing the button the Air command will appear about 80% of the time. Keep the pointer close to the screen until after you have released the button.
(The 20% failure may be due to the red wine!!)

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same problem...but I always go to YouTube and watch the tutorial on any issue I have with my phone...I guess it's just practice?

Posted via the Android Central App

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I kinda wish it as simple as listed here. My s-pen stopped working all together. Doesn't even recognize it when i unplug it. 😳 even a factory reset will not solve it. So hopefully I'm just needing an replacement s-pen and do not have to go without my phone a few days.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

You use a magic spell from hogwarts

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I kinda wish it as simple as listed here. My s-pen stopped working all together. Doesn't even recognize it when i unplug it. 😳 even a factory reset will not solve it. So hopefully I'm just needing an replacement s-pen and do not have to go without my phone a few days.

I would have the phone checked out at your carrier store. It sounds like it might be a hardware issue.