T-Mobile Note 4 SIM unlocked: where will my update come from?

Deuel8677

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I have an Sm-n910t unlocked but I live in Mexico and I am using a local carrier now the obvious answer here is my update would come from my local carrier however as far as know the local carrier sells the exynos chip set version of the note 4 and not the snapdragon 805 versionversion further more as far as I am aware the model number if the 805 is sold down here would be the international version of the note 4 I'm just worried that my note 4 will never get the update as it is a state side phone any help would be appreciated thanks to everyone in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile note 4 unlocked where does my update come from

Welcome to AC :)
Unlocked phones get their updates from the manufacturer (in this case, Samsung)

Deuel8677

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Even if the phone is T-Mobile branded? I unlocked it using a code. The same rule applies?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

My updates have always come from the original carrier even if I have unlocked it and am using it on a different one. They would get it while on WiFi.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Even if the phone is T-Mobile branded? I unlocked it using a code. The same rule applies?

Oh, that's different then. Thought you mean unlocked by manufacturer...
Yeah, that would come from the original carrier. T-Mobile hasn't updated to Lollipop yet

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Thank God! I have a unlocked t-mobile note 4 but am on metro pcs network. Metro takes FOREVER to release updates

Deuel8677

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Thank you everyone my worry was that I would never get the update. I was hoping T-Mobile would be the one I would get the update from Mexican carriers really don't bother with updates until the very last minute thanks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thank you everyone my worry was that I would never get the update. I was hoping T-Mobile would be the one I would get the update from Mexican carriers really don't bother with updates until the very last minute thanks

No problem. See you around the forums :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

To be fair, the updates always comes from the OEM because the OEM has to make the update.

In the carrier example, T-Mobile doesn't necessarily give you the update for the T-Mobile-branded Samsung Galaxy Note 4. T-Mobile would approve the update that Samsung submits to them.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Oh, that's different then. Thought you mean unlocked by manufacturer...
Yeah, that would come from the original carrier. T-Mobile hasn't updated to Lollipop yet
Do you have to be active on tmobile to get the OTA? I know that on Verizon you need to have an active Verizon sim to get the OTA.

There was also a way to update by plugging the phone into the pc at least for verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Do you have to be active on tmobile to get the OTA? I know that on Verizon you need to have an active Verizon sim to get the OTA.

There was also a way to update by plugging the phone into the pc at least for verizon.

I've received updates to my Verizon Moto G without having active Verizon service on it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I've received updates to my Verizon Moto G without having active Verizon service on it.
Verizon Moto g, yes I was able to get the update with wifi only but my Verizon note 3 didn't have cellular service and I had to put in my Verizon sim to get it to update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz