Note 4 camera to match S6?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
It looks like the S6 camera (which is the same sensor than Note 4) is providing better details, exposure and noise levels.
Do you think Sammy will release a software update for the Note 4 to gain all the optimization won by the S6's camera? Will the Note 4 get the RAW option too?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt it especially if they're planning to implement the note 5 with the same or slightly better hardware as the new S6/6 edge :(

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the S6 camera (which is the same sensor than Note 4) is providing better details, exposure and noise levels.
Do you think Sammy will release a software update for the Note 4 to gain all the optimization won by the S6's camera? Will the Note 4 get the RAW option too?

If it's the same sensor, I don't see why they wouldn't use the same driver for the Note 4 in a future release.

latinking91

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
The note and s6 have the same sensor but the s6 has a more better appiture I forget what's its called but its supposed to take better low light pictures. Basically the s6 is an improved camera from the note 4

Posted via My Note 4

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
It's called aperture, and yes it's better for low light photos, but what I am talking about is the level of details in day light that the S6 can take and not the Note 4, I saw the photos comparison at GSMArena and the S6 for example don't smudge the trees

latinking91

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I see what your saying now. But idk I hope its a software fix they can do or if its even possible because that would greatly improve pictures on the note 4.

Posted via My Note 4

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I see what your saying now. But idk I hope its a software fix they can do or if its even possible because that would greatly improve pictures on the note 4.

Posted via My Note 4

Aperture is physically fixed:

Smartphones with the widest camera apertures

But that is not to say that Samsung could not update some of its own software to improve performance (e.g., RAW support by Samsung drivers interfacing with new API in Lollipop).

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
You can improve low light photos by manually setting the iso to 100 ,but it'll take a steadier hand, and metering to center or spot, depending on the subject size. An app called A Better Camera even has histogram capability to see what your setting needs are before the shot. After a little practice it becomes almost automatic.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Here a brand new comparison between S6 and Note 4 camera Mobile-review.com ????? ?????? ? Galaxy S6/S6 EDGE - ??????? ?????, ?????? ?????? ? ??????
Looks like in day light the Note is as good and even better than S6, for low light the Note 4 OIS struggle if I understood the translated Russian to English text, something samsung can fix with software??
Also I didn't understand the part where he say the S6 has wide photos!? is he talking about Note 4 being 4:3 in 16mp while S6 is 16:9?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084