Where are the downloaded apps on my Note 4?

kinsey5156

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Problem finding downloaded apps on Note 4

Hi I am a new Note 4 user and I am having problems finding any apps I have downloaded via Google Play or Galaxy apps. I go through the process of installing them and it tells me they are installed but I cannot find them anywhere. It comes up with a message saying congratulations you have installed an app but I cannot find it. Sometimes it shows a page on the app which has an icon OPEN to click but it is not hi lighted so I cannot open it.

Any advice appreciated.

slowmomomo

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hit your home button and you should get to the home screen.. it should look like in the picture. Press the symbol with the dots (marked red in the image). This brings you to the app drawer. You find all your installed apps there.

Attachments

• N4-1-1.jpg
    N4-1-1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 67

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem finding downloaded apps on Note 4

So on my Note 2 there was a selection for downloaded apps. It sorted all the downloaded apps by the order they were downloaded, newest last. Is that option available with the Note 4?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem finding downloaded apps on Note 4

It is, but you really should clear that out periodically, unless you don't need the space yet. An app downloads to /Downloads, then it's installed to the userdata partition, and the file in /Downloads is good for installing it again, nothing else. (You could copy it to your computer to have a backup you don't have to download gain, or in case Google pulls it from the Play Store.) Android should really delete the file as part of the installation process. (You can create the apk file again, if you want a backup, with any of a few free apps.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance