Can my Note do shorthanded auto correct?

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Creating global autocorrect text

I'm not sure if "global autocorrect text" is the right term, but here is what I want to be able to do. I want to create a paragraph of text that I can call from anywhere with a keyboard shortcut linked to a shorter word. For instance, if I type the word, "pdw" it would change to "Your work is past due." I'd like to be able to have this conversion happen whether I am in SNote, Evernote, email, etc.

Can I do this on my Note? KitKat 4.4.4.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Creating global autocorrect text

An app could probably be written to do it, but I don't know of any other way except to put a link to a text file of phrases on the homepage and open that whenever you need a phrase. Then highlight the phrase, copy and paste it into the email or text or Evernote or whatever you're working on.

Wgat you're really looking for is a keyboard that does macros (that's the word you want), and I've never seen any. (That doesn't mean that there aren't any - I've just never looked for one, and I've never noticed the feature in any keyboard I've looked at.)

fbcltd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Creating global autocorrect text

must be an ex-BB user as this was a great feature on the blackberry. it was a default setting that would change any letters into words. I always used it for short hand
example:
ur=your
ure=you're
wt=wheat
fdbly=feed barley
cdn=Canadian

sadly this is not available on android....I searched for a week for apps or defaults...nothing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781