Lollipop update for Note 4 in the UK?

andy2141

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I know some people have had issues I must say mine has been plain sailing, so not everyone has had issues running Lollipop. For the record I did a factory reset and wiped the cache before upgrading. I liked the new look and feel, my battery was as good if not better and I had zero performance issues.

I know it's prudent for some users to stay on KitKat, but being a techie in general and having the necessary skills and a want to try something new ,I don't see any harm in giving it a try.

Would I recommend everyone do it? No. Not at all, but that's not to say more technical users shouldn't if they feel the urge.

As it happens I actually downgraded back to factory KitKat last night. Not because I needed to or had issues, just because I've now scratched the Lollipop itch and am happy to now wait for the official release and have my phone back to a official UK model.

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Just getting the update now. Not sure if it's 5.1 or just 5.0. Will post back when installed.
Btw I'm unlocked and I have the 910f (international) in uk

Posted via the Android Central App

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Nothing for me yet :( it's getting ridiculous now! I swear this may be my last Samsung, I don't mind being patient but when other UK users have it on networks and me being a mug paid silly money sim free and I don't have it, it all becomes abit of a joke.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Nothing for me either. I agree it's getting a bit beyond the joke now. @Joe Vile was it OTA or Kies that notified you of the update?

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just getting the update now. Not sure if it's 5.1 or just 5.0. Will post back when installed.

Hi, was this an OTA update or via Kies and are you on a sim free version of the Note 4?
Thanks.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Brilliant news, hope the rest of us gets it soon then.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Where do these updates get released from? Reason I'm asking as its the end of the working day in UK now, unless Sammy releases them from elsewhere in the world...

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I am actively involved in 4 different forums and the subject is the same as when I started this thread.
The question was has anyone got the update for Lollipop here in the UK?
Now so far I have seen a number of people posting about updated Roms from Europe flashed using Odin and some other whom have received the update via Vodafone and O2.
I have been busy in the other forums with exactly the same question and that thread was initiated around the same time as this was.
I am surprised that one person claims that they have received the Lollipop update, either by OTA or via Kies and yet over 200 people who all over the UK with sim free Note 4's have not had any updates.
So we have just one person saying that they have received the update but version build is unknown.
Now I find that very strange indeed ;) however I am not going to say that this person is not telling us the truth but out of so many people (200) including us, only 1 person has received the update and that was 9 hours ago as I am writing this. I really hope that I am wrong but I am finding this very odd.
Thoughts anyone???

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Well cinek said they'll post back once installed, so either the update is taking a very long time or its bricked their phone. :)

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
9 Hours is a very long time even if you had to do a factory reset afterwards ;)
I am just not buying this claim!
As stated I find it quite very strange that over 200+ people across the UK have NOT had an OTA or update via Kies on an unlocked Note 4.
Even if the handset was purchased anywhere else outside of the UK it would still have to have been activated by a UK sim card to be able to work here.

I really hope that they are doing the update and putting everything back on the phone, however they would only be putting app's and such back on if they have had to do a factory reset and that in itself indicates that there was a problem!
This is just my opinion btw.

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in updating on the update. To answer your questions I was on Kk 444 ank5 build. I got the OTA update simply by checking for updates (have been doing so every day for the last month!) it was just over a gig in size and took half an hour to download on wifi (****ty Samsung servers). I'm now running the boc5 build 5.0.1. All seems well. Only been a day so will post back with battery stats etc in a few days. Keep checking for updates and good luck!!

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's just pure luck who gets it. That's the only thing I like about ios. Everyone gets it the same time. Come on Samsung, catch up

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I guess it's just pure luck who gets it. That's the only thing I like about ios. Everyone gets it the same time. Come on Samsung, catch up

That's true, but I'd take waiting any day to have the customisation and features of Android.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

Joe, could you please dial *#1234# on your phone and post the screenshot or tell me what your CSC code is. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair