Lollipop update for Note 4 in the UK?

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody,
Has anyone had the lollipop update on your Note 4 in the UK.
If you have, are you using a sim free version or what network provider are you on and what build version of lollipop did you get?

Posted via the Android Central App

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think samsung is rolling out 5.0.1 to the note 4 atm. Not sure why. We might get 5.1 next ;/ hopefully soon. Got the unlocked version and.... waiting

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey cinek thanks for letting me know.
I thought that we are going to just be patient. I hope that it is worth the wait and going to 5.1 sounds like we should hopefully get the version with the bugs sorted out that some people are experiencing with the initial release... Fingers crossed ;)

Phantomlynx

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got Vodafone UK Lollipop OTA
N910FXXU1BOC3.
Version 5.0.1
Takes 30 min to download and about the same to install

Last edited:

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got Vodafone UK Lollipop OTA
N910FXXU1BOC3.
Version 5.0.1
Takes 30 min to download and about the same to install

Hi,
I just wondered if your Note 4 is sim free version or are you locked with Vodafone?

I am surprised that you have the update 5.01, although I am not doubting that you have it, because everywhere I am reading claims that Samsung was holding off on the 5.01 and going to 5.1 with a tweaked version of the Touch Wiz interface.
I am on a sim free version of the Note 4 and I am getting nothing in the way of an update via OTA or Kies.
If you could clarify if you are locked to Vodafone UK and also how you are finding the update I would appreciate it.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a sim free Note 4 and haven't received any OTA updates either. However, I manually flashed German 5.0.1 rom and thought it was awful and went back to KK and my phone is back to its former glory.

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a sim free Note 4 and haven't received any OTA updates either. However, I manually flashed German 5.0.1 rom and thought it was awful and went back to KK and my phone is back to its former glory.

Well at least you managed to get it back to stock KitKat 4.4.4, the last time I flashed was on my S5 and that was the Polish version. It played havoc with certain applications such as my mobile banking app etc. I used Odin and it was all pretty easy, however being in a rush to get KitKat on there I forgot to do a back up of the original. What a bloody headache trying to get that sorted Lol.
So you experience with the 5.01 was not that good... Mmmm me thinks that unless I know for definite that I am getting 5.1 then I am staying with KitKat ;)

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Whatever comes next I certainly hope it improves the battery life. I'm currently leaving EE in the UK which I hope is the reason my battery life is so poor, while their 4G internet is outstanding I never have more than one or two bars of signal (but never miss a call or text, I assume its the way they configure their network) which is eating my phone battery everyday because of the weak signal. I regularly check sammobile.com and for whatever reason samsung has only actually rolled out lollipop to a handful of countries to the note 4 while other phones like the S4 and I think even the note 3 has the update now.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well at least you managed to get it back to stock KitKat 4.4.4, the last time I flashed was on my S5 and that was the Polish version. It played havoc with certain applications such as my mobile banking app etc. I used Odin and it was all pretty easy, however being in a rush to get KitKat on there I forgot to do a back up of the original. What a bloody headache trying to get that sorted Lol.
So you experience with the 5.01 was not that good... Mmmm me thinks that unless I know for definite that I am getting 5.1 then I am staying with KitKat ;)

I would definitely stick with what you've got for now knowing that it works just fine and after my experience with Lollipop I am in no particular hurry to infect my Note with it again. After all, I think there must be a reason why Samsung haven't released it yet or maybe they know something we don't...

puppy59

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I received the 5.01 update today. I'm on Vodafone UK. Not much difference apart from the notification pull down. It feels a bit faster and smoother, battery unknown yet, will give it a few days!

Phantomlynx

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just wondered if your Note 4 is sim free version or are you locked with Vodafone?

I am surprised that you have the update 5.01, although I am not doubting that you have it, because everywhere I am reading claims that Samsung was holding off on the 5.01 and going to 5.1 with a tweaked version of the Touch Wiz interface.
I am on a sim free version of the Note 4 and I am getting nothing in the way of an update via OTA or Kies.
If you could clarify if you are locked to Vodafone UK and also how you are finding the update I would appreciate it.

Vodafone UK and just pulled it via Check Update.
My son has got it too on his one

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the UK on ee and no update for me yet.

Also on EE and nothing as yet. As I said earlier in this thread, I am hoping that we should be getting 5.1 as this has sorted many bugs and also Samsung has tweaked the Touch Wiz UI.
I am really surprised that Vodafone UK has been able to roll out this update in view of all the known issues.
Everyone on the Vodafone Lollipop update please can you give us some feedback on how it seems to be working for you.
In addition could everybody on a unlocked Note 4 but using Vodafone UK please clarify this when posting in this thread as I think it would be of great help to anyone who joins. Thanks and much appreciated :)

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Simfree note 4 bought direct from Samsung so no network locking and nothing for me, I am using a three sim in it, would that determine when I get the update?

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Simfree note 4 bought direct from Samsung so no network locking and nothing for me, I am using a three sim in it, would that determine when I get the update?

Hi,
Thanks for joining the thread.
Updates are dependent on 3 things, firstly your device, secondly your region (country) and lastly your carrier (network). What appears to be happening here judging by this post is that it is irrelevant if our Note 4 is unlocked (sim free) also it is clearly obvious that Vodafone have tested and passed this version of Lollipop and that it is available in the UK (I know that is stating the obvious). So now it is down to each network provider to approve the build with any bloatware that they have control over on our device's. Once this is done I can only assume that each of us on other networks will start to receive the update very soon.
However, again I am beginning to wonder if Samsung are pushing 5.01 out instead of holding off on the 5.1 version due to the amount of flak they are getting because of the slow roll out.
The Note 4 is Samsungs flagship device and I know that there was a lot of concerns about releasing this build.
I am interested to hear from anyone who has updated to this version and how they are finding it.
If Samsung have pushed this out early then I can guarantee that we will be getting some additional updates on top over the next couple of months.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I got my Note4 from Vodafone. Got updated this morning. Everything is running great on it.

I know about the bad lollipop experiences as I went through about 3 weeks of lollipop pain with my S5. The Note4 update went week a breeze with no need for a factory reset. Just wiped the cache partition.

Battery life is good under lollipop and performance stats improved do it is running faster.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Last edited:

Nik Brooks

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I got my Note4 from Vodafone. Got updated this morning. Everything is running heat on it.

I know about the bad lollipop experiences as I went through about 3 weeks of lollipop pain with my S5. The Note4 update went week a breeze with no need for a factory reset. Just wiped the cache partition.

Battery life is good under lollipop and performance stats improved do it is running faster.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Thank you so much for the feedback this gives me a sense of hope.
It sounds like that things are working well for you on this build of 5.01 on the Note 4 :) If you see this could you let me know what version did you run on your S5 and what differences have you noticed over and above the speed, I do not mean from the actual look of the build but what is different from the S5 and now running it on your Note 4? Thanks...
Oh and yes thanks for pointing out the cache. For anyone else who is reading this thread please wipe your partition cache after your Lollipop update.
As a matter of course I tend to wipe my cache partition about twice a week.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for the feedback this gives me a sense of hope.
It sounds like that things are working well for you on this build of 5.01 on the Note 4 :) If you see this could you let me know what version did you run on your S5 and what differences have you noticed over and above the speed, I do not mean from the actual look of the build but what is different from the S5 and now running it on your Note 4? Thanks...
Oh and yes thanks for pointing out the cache. For anyone else who is reading this thread please wipe your partition cache after your Lollipop update.
As a matter of course I tend to wipe my cache partition about twice a week.

My S5 was on 5.0. And it took three updates and a factory reset over a few weeks for that to settle down and work without bugs and killing the battery. After that it ran fine, was faster and the battery lasted longer.

My Note4 got one update to 5.0.1 and works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2