2 questions from a n00b!3

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
1) I saw in a galaxy note 4 review video how they are typing letters using the S Pen by like drawing lines on the keyboard, when I drew lines it didn't recognize the words. How did they do that?

2) On that same review, one of the features they were talking about is how easily you can select stuff with the S Pen by dragging on the files you want to select. When I dragged, nothing happens it doesn't select the multiple files I am highlighting, what's the secret to achieving that?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
1) You might be referring to two things, actually. One is the ability to type words using the on-screen keyboard without lifting your finger, dragging it across the letters you want (swyping), and this can be done with both the S-Pen or your Finger. This option needs to be activated in your Samsung Keyboard (or a 3rd party app that supports it, like Swype or SwiftKey). The other input method is actually using handwriting (no on-screen keyboard) and having the words be automatically converted into text. This needs to be 'called on' from your keyboard (you'll see an icon next to the space bar that if you tap and hold it, it will give you various modes your keyboard can go into, like voice recognition, handwriting recognition, smileys, etc.).

2) Not all apps support drag-and-drop features. Mostly it's only Samsung apps that can share data between themselves while on MultiWindow mode. If you want to select stuff, it depends on the app, but most of the time, you press and hold the button on the S-Pen BEFORE it touches the screen and then drag it across the files or messages you want to select.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the Samsung keyboard, go to Settings (tap and hold the button next to the SYM key if the gear icon is not there). Scroll down to Keyboard Swipe and enable SwiftKey Flow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair