Any good phone holders out there for Samsung Galaxy Note 4? What do you recommend for everyday use?

JohnParkerSmith

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Newbie here! I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Because of the nature of my work, I need to travel a lot. Having said that, I'm looking to buy a good phone holder/car cradle for my smartphone. Any recommendations? Insights? Right now I'm using a dashboard DIY mount which I want to replace soon. Thanks in advance!
:cool:

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion this is the best car / motorcycle / anywere mount you can buy. you will never need to buy another mount again for any phone unless it is actually larger than that Note 4. You by the X-Grip holder, the arm length you need and the mounting type. And you can change just one piece at a time if you ever need to change the way it mounts as everything is completely interchangeable. It is very versitile.

I have one with a suction cup in my car and it has never fallen off my windshield either, which is a first for me, most suction cups don't do a good job in my opinion. I also use one on my motorcycle with a with a handlebar mount. It holds the phone super tight, even at 75 mph the wind and bumps the phone never moves. I highly recommend!!!

61oOJwxLy6L._SL1061_.jpg
Xgrip at Amazon.com with Suction Cup mount

The manufacturers website shows all the ways in which it can be used.
RAMMOUNTS - RAM X-Grip® for Phones and Tablets

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
This is the mount I have in my personal vehicle and all my work trucks...

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4305206

61CKqW4n-ML._SL1300_.jpg

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Attachments

• magdm_icon_1000_new.jpg
    magdm_icon_1000_new.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 100

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
CraigsDocks N4 in car 3-18-15.jpg 3.jpg

CraigsDocks no phone 1.jpg

I just got this CraigsDocks mount/dock about a month ago and absolutely love it.

It's expensive however it's the last mount you'll ever buy because it's universal for both the vehicle & the phone (w or w/o a case and/or an extended battery).

It is 100% hand milled aluminum, there is no plastic or springs to wear out/break. The adjustments are threaded w/ set screws.

The dock portion means when I insert my phone it automatically triggers the phone's native car dock (whether the cable is plugged into my 12v accessory outlet adapter or not) & I use the Car Home Ultra app which is automatically triggered by the phone's native car dock app. So instead of setting anything on the phone in the car I insert it in the mount & the picture of the phone in the mount is what I get without any screen input from me. Only time I need to use screen input is if the screen's locked & I use the fingerprint scanner. To me that is a phenomenal step up in functionality for a car mount.

Other thing I really like is the location. I think my vehicle is about as difficult as it gets to mount a phone the size of a N4 and not have it block other screens/controls/air vents while being as close as my right steering column control stalk. I do not like the on top of the dash location however for those that do this mount is available w/ a suction cup or an extension so it can be mounted directly to the windshield like a inside rearview mirror is. My location is so functional it's actually easier for me to read the Car Home Ultra app's digital speedometer than to read the car's speedometer.

I use my phone primarily for business so it's important for me to be able to access it looking away from the road for as short a time as possible and for me the location is absolutely perfect.

Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4 / S5 / Note 3 / 4 Car Dock - CraigsDocks

Mine has a custom fabricated adhesive base plate to accommodate the mounting location which Craig will fabricate for you at additional cost if he has the time (& if you need one, I'm guessing a lot of vehicles would work fine w/ the standard adhesive base plate). This is a handmade item not a mass produced one and although it's expensive I think it was money well spent. I was comparing it to a ProClip which was about $60 but it was both vehicle & phone specific and did not have the dock functionality the CraigsDocks does. Considering I get a new phone every two years & a new vehicle every three in a short amount of time I would have spent more money for way less functionality if I purchased the ProClip instead.

I highly recommend the CraigsDocks car dock & the Car Home Ultra app.

Last edited:

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have used windshield holders, holders that plug into lighter sockets, holders that fit into cup holders, and even other vent holders. All either block visibility or require placement where you have to take your eyes completely off the road.

There is no holder more simple or more versatile than the Kenu Airframe Plus. I'm never going back to any other holder.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe-plus

Posted via the Android Central App

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Newbie here! I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Because of the nature of my work, I need to travel a lot. Having said that, I'm looking to buy a good phone holder/car cradle for my smartphone. Any recommendations? Insights? Right now I'm using a dashboard DIY mount which I want to replace soon. Thanks in advance!
:cool:

Take a look at ibolt holder. You can find them on amazon. I have one that I have been using for over two years now with a note 2. Still works with the note 4. This holder works with all cases like the otterbox defender's series

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci