Where is Flashlight?

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I know it's 'piddly', but I'm on AT&T and got the 5.0.1 update last night, no problems with it at all, 'cept I can't find the flashlight that's supposed to be on the notification bar. I'm using the Google Now launcher--does that make a difference? I use the flashlight frequently so it will really help if it's even semi-convenient.

TIA!

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where is Flashlight???

I still have that widget as well and it still works. I saw something somewhere else about the flashlight widget on the Notification Bar?? Maybe that was out of context. I would just like to have it on the Notification Bar if it's possible as it seems to be documented in several places. It seems strange to me that that small detail would be left out of the update.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I still have that widget as well and it still works. I saw something somewhere else about the flashlight widget on the Notification Bar?? Maybe that was out of context. I would just like to have it on the Notification Bar if it's possible as it seems to be documented in several places. It seems strange to me that that small detail would be left out of the update.

It's on the notification bar (and the lock screen!) for me when the flashlight is turned on -- I'm assuming you're talking about the notification that says "Flashlight turned on - Tap here to turn off Flashlight." Actually, I don't what else you'd be talking about. I don't believe you can access any settings for the Flashlight widget.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

You can do that using an app like Power Toggles. It'll let you have the flashlight in the notification bar and in the lockscreen.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm just astonished no one has thought of a flashlight button on the lockscreen, next to the camera and place phone call buttons. It's honestly the single handiest thing I can think of on a lockscreen...

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Need it on the lock screen. And in the drop down. When a person needs a flashlight, one should not need to go digging. I don't like the ugly widget to clutter my home screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
But according to so much I've seen documented, you shouldn't have to install an app or a widget, it should be on the drop-down notification bar. But it's not on either the 1-finger or 2-finger dropdown. Still seems like I'm missing something.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
But according to so much I've seen documented, you shouldn't have to install an app or a widget, it should be on the drop-down notification bar. But it's not on either the 1-finger or 2-finger dropdown. Still seems like I'm missing something.

Its not on the Touchwiz version of lollipop, none of the reviews I've seen have had that button. Stock lollipop and sense have it available on the 2 finger swipe.

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so that's the hole--the images that I keep seeing are probably the stock version of Lollipop. So why would such a small thing like that be left out of the Touchwiz version??

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so that's the hole--the images that I keep seeing are probably the stock version of Lollipop. So why would such a small thing like that be left out of the Touchwiz version??

Not sure, its actually one of the features I loved about lollipop, I use the flashlight a lot. Works great on my One M8 GPE. Maybe in the next update they'll include it, but I haven't seen it the GS6 versions either.

Grovzy1080

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping for this as well. I hate the widget and even with Nova Prime I cant change it. If you're using your Ok Google hot word you can say Turn on flashlight. Its not as fast as swiping down and turninf it on. But its hands free and doesnt take up space on your home screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-27-09-12-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-09-12-33.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 131

SnappEd

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping for this as well. I hate the widget and even with Nova Prime I cant change it. If you're using your Ok Google hot word you can say Turn on flashlight. Its not as fast as swiping down and turninf it on. But its hands free and doesnt take up space on your home screen.

Except that doesn't work when there's no Internet which for me is often when I need the flashlight as the post has gone out...

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I am on att and have no flashlight in quick settings. Never did. There is a flashlight in the widgets. It is annoying not having it in quick settings because I prefer an uncluttered home screen.

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I know CM Lockscreen gives you a flash light icon on the lock screen plus other shortcuts. I use Textra Pro and it even lets me reply to texts from the lock screen, which I love. CM Lockscreen has been working great for me so try it and see if you like it.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Okay, so glad you posted this. I was looking for the flashlight on my N4 the other day! Only thing is, I don't see it anywhere on the phone. It's not listed in my widgets and It's not in the notification bar at all. I'm using Nova Prime launcher, so not sure if that makes a difference or not. I remember it use to be listed in Widgets as Torch or something. Now it's nowhere to be seen. Can somebody help me go through what you press to get to it on the phone? Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, never mind I found it in Widgets. Putting it under Settings was a weird place to put it! I also hate that Nova changed so no more Widgets Tab in the App Drawer. Oh well.

Last edited:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What I find really odd, is that my co-workers Galaxy S6 Edge HAS a flashlight, stock, in his pull down quick settings. It seems to just be missing for us Note 4 users. :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox