To jump or not to jump: $200 Note 4

Jordan Miera

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, everybody!

It's almost time for me to get another phone!

I was considering getting the GS6, but Andrew's kinda meh impressions of battery life makes me a bit more tepid about getting it. I don't really want to spend more to get an external battery pack or anything like that...I think phones should come with enough juice in them to get you through. :)

Then I remembered that Best Buy is having a 4-day sale on some Samsung devices, including the Note 4. I perused the forum for a bit, and I saw that there have been several concerns about the Note 4's battery not lasting as long/draining faster than anticipated. I haven't had a chance to read everything yet, but I wanted to open it up to you: should I be concerned about the Note 4's battery life? I'd get it on Verizon if that makes a difference. How happy have you all been with your Note 4s?

Thanks!

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I too was wanting to upgrade to the s6 but heard about the smaller battery so I made the purchase of a note 4. I've had it for 3 weeks now on sprint and the battery is fantastic. It lasts me all day on moderate to heavy use. From 7 am to about 11 pm I'll have around 10% battery without charging . The fast charging helps a lot too if you want to to plug it in. I bought a fast charger for the car and sometimes plug it in on my way to work. Usually gets me 25% In about 17 minutes drive.

I had the s5 before this and the battery on that wasn't this good so seeing as the s6 has a worse battery, I think you'll be better off with the note.

Posted via the Android Central App

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't get the S6 at all. You give up all the great things that made Samsung phones great in exchange for a phone that will break if you drop it. I'm very happy with my Note 4 and coupled with my Gear S, I get insane battery life during the work week. I eek out 65 hours'ish on the stock battery (Of course that's being connected via Bluetooth/Wifi and answering most calls/SMS through my watch as I roam the office.).. Weekends I average a full day..

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon Note 4 for over a year and I have no issues with battery. I am a light to moderate user and get 12 to 16 hours of use with 20 to 40 percent left each day.
Now is a good time to purchase as the carriers and electronics retailers are all discounting the N4. I saw one add for one of the carriers selling the N4 for $99.00 and another selling it for $1.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon Note 4 for over a year and I have no issues with battery. I am a light to moderate user and get 12 to 16 hours of use with 20 to 40 percent left each day.
Now is a good time to purchase as the carriers and electronics retailers are all discounting the N4. I saw one add for one of the carriers selling the N4 for $99.00 and another selling it for $1.

Wow you must be a time traveler considering the verizon note 4 did not launch until October 2014.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Had the note 4 for several weeks now and I have zero issues with batt life. It easily gets me through a day and then some.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Go for it. I've had 0 problems with my Note 4. Battery life is good. It is a superb devuce, in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the note 4 since last Nov. and LOVE it......Battery has been Fantastic for me. I use moderate to heavy, start out about 7:00am and plug in at night about 11:00pm with 30-40% left. Once in awhile I plug in at my desk if in the office awhile. Now if you plan on playing a lot of games, most are big time battery drainers. So please keep in mind that everyone has good intentions with their opinions, But, it's really about how you use the phone. Good luck in your decision!

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Note 4 is fantastic. Great battery, s pen, SD card slot, fast,smooth, great design...the list goes on and on. Get the note 4...the s6 is actually a step back.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Seriously the Note 4 is one hell of a device the battery alone makes it very hard for me to go to another phone.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
On contract is $40 per month Smartphone Access.
Month to Month with 60gb or more data plan is $15 per month.
A savings of $25 per month.
$25x24 months = $600.
So at $200 on contract = $800 for the phone.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow you must be a time traveler considering the verizon note 4 did not launch until October 2014.

I be bad. I received my Note on October 22nd 2014 via Verizon pre-order route. thanks for catching my mistake.