Why can't my private mode files be viewed after Lollipop update?

A

AC Question

Private Mode files cannot be viewed after Lollipop upgdate

I have a Samsung Note 4. After the upgrade to Lollipop by AT&T, all files that were in Private mode are still there but cannot be viewed. The system says "no apps to perform this action" when I tried to open them.
I called Samsung but they don't know what to do. Do you know of any apps that can read those?
Thanks

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Private Mode files cannot be viewed after Lollipop upgdate

Did you backup your files before upgrading the OS? You might want to try a factory reset and starting clean, which is the best way to start any upgrade to be sure any major OS changes KitKat to Lollipop don't mess with file structure and how the files are accessed.

tfmarsili

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Good news...! I had the same problem with my Note 4 on AT&T - I just downloaded a software update and can now view my private mode files that got messed up with the Lollipop update. Finally! Hope you have similar success.

Shibindxb

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

Did you backup your files before upgrading the OS? You might want to try a factory reset and starting clean, which is the best way to start any upgrade to be sure any major OS changes KitKat to Lollipop don't mess with file structure and how the files are accessed.

Hi man
I was taken a backup and factory data reset before updating and after restored the backups but I can't see my private files there :(
Am using Samsung A5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar