Note 4 910C and lags??

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I was nearly convinced to switch from HTC M8 to N4 mainly for its screen and camera, though I can't but hearing people who used both M8 and N4 that N4 lags even with LP update.
Like when trying to see a preview of the photo taken with the camera.
I wonder if these people are HTC fanboys or they say the truth?

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say it but this phone suffers from the same lag that every samsung seems to. Stutters here and there and the gallery, I use nova launcher on mine though which flies between menus. However that being said I used to own a One M8 (and a plethora of other phones over the last couple of years :-\) and despite the occasional lag I would definitely say the note 4 is the better of the two. Just my opinion though :cool:

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it but this phone suffers from the same lag that every samsung seems to. Stutters here and there and the gallery, I use nova launcher on mine though which flies between menus. However that being said I used to own a One M8 (and a plethora of other phones over the last couple of years :-\) and despite the occasional lag I would definitely say the note 4 is the better of the two. Just my opinion though :cool:

I will wait for S6 reviews and it's availability in our country (so prices of N4 will drop a little) but until now the N4 is my N.1 in my list to replace my M8.
About the third party launchers, are they making the lags go away like in the gallery? Or it's better to use a theird party gallery too?
Also these launchers can make the statusbar transparent or it's a TW sticky thingy?

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Every single android device has some occasional lag. It's a fact of life.

Not only Android. I had 2 windows phones, 930 and 1520, both excellent devices, but every once in a while, going to the home screen, I would see the occasional lag. Now, yes, Windows Phone is more closed, and there is much less lag BUT ... It is also VERY closed down. There are NO background tasks except for a few exceptions like mail, alarms, etc. Downloading a file in IE? too bad, stay in the browser or else it gets cancelled. I guess you can't really have 100% openness without some lag here or there because it's doing everything in the background.

My note 4 on KK shows a tiny bit of lag with the, already mentioned, recent apps. Other than that, it flies.

Dial square

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Had my Note 4 on Verizon since November and have had zero lag.
Truth is, stories of lag on this device are either slightly exaggerated, or completely fabricated.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Had my Note 4 on Verizon since November and have had zero lag.
Truth is, stories of lag on this device are either slightly exaggerated, or completely fabricated.

I have the Verizon model as well and my device moves along lag free also. I do feel the lag issue is a bit overblown. There are, I'm sure, legit cases of lag. Conversely, I'm sure some folks are deliberately doing things with their devices (out of norm) to make it experience lag.

Under normal use and for the majority of note 4 owners, i don't think this is an issue nor will be.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon model as well and my device moves along lag free also. I do feel the lag issue is a bit overblown. There are, I'm sure, legit cases of lag. Conversely, I'm sure some folks are deliberately doing things with their devices (out of norm) to make it experience lag.

Under normal use and for the majority of note 4 owners, i don't think this is an issue nor will be.

You don't get any when you hit the recent apps button? Its pretty bad for me there, and when I open the stock text app the back button on the persons name will not work for like 5 seconds or more sometimes.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
You don't get any when you hit the recent apps button? Its pretty bad for me there, and when I open the stock text app the back button on the persons name will not work for like 5 seconds or more sometimes.

That's interesting. So I just tested the issues you are experiencing, with my device, and all is good. I use the stock texting app for my sms/mms and its very responsive. No waiting even when i use the back button in the app.

Not sure how long you had your device but mine is 4 weeks old. I came from an M8 and would have sent the note 4 back if my experience was similar to yours.

unfortunately I do not know what to say to help other than, I hope you can figure out what's causing the problem.....

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. So I just tested the issues you are experiencing, with my device, and all is good. I use the stock texting app for my sms/mms and its very responsive. No waiting even when i use the back button in the app.

Not sure how long you had your device but mine is 4 weeks old. I came from an M8 and would have sent the note 4 back if my experience was similar to yours.

unfortunately I do not know what to say to help other than, I hope you can figure out what's causing the problem.....

Day 1 for me. So maybe a memory issue trying to load a bunch of old texts? The recent apps button has always had a delay, from day 1.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Day 1 for me. So maybe a memory issue trying to load a bunch of old texts? The recent apps button has always had a delay, from day 1.

some folks have mentioned clearing the devices cache so if things persist with the recent apps button, that's always an option. I'm not a fan of factory resets unless absolutely necessary.

I have to believe once the initial activity /downloads complete, your device will function normally.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

So you had an M8 too.
What are the things you missed from the M8 and what are the things you loved that you won with the N4?
I hope the screen is as readable if not better than M8 under direct sunlight

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
So you had an M8 too.
What are the things you missed from the M8 and what are the things you loved that you won with the N4?
I hope the screen is as readable if not better than M8 under direct sunlight

What I miss most about the M8 is the speakers. The M8 was the best device I owned and sense UI was/is very smooth and remained that way after the lollipop update. If there was a note 4 equivalent by HTC I probably would have gone with it because the M8 is that good.

That said, the note 4 brings its own strengths beginning with the big, colorful, and sharp display. That was the main reason I made the switch. Yes, it is very readable outdoors. But I give the nod to the M8. The build isn't quite as good as the M8 but it's premium feeling nonetheless. The multi tasking ability on the note is another plus along with the S pen. This will sound weird but I liked the camera on the M8. The N4 is better but not as quick. I do like the batt life on the N4 and the rapid charging. I find The radio to be stronger as well.

Overall, the N4 is a worthy upgrade over the M8 lacking only in the duel front speakers and build quality department. It's almost unfair to the compare the M8 to the N4 seeing they are geared to different audiences however they are both high end devices and tops in their segment. What amazes me about the M8 is it was released much earlier than the N4 but still holds its own extremely well. I do give the advantage to the note 4 and I'm happy with the switch. I still have my M8 but the note 4 offers so much more that I've never second guessed my decision.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
What I miss most about the M8 is the speakers. The M8 was the best device I owned and sense UI was/is very smooth and remained that way after the lollipop update. If there was a note 4 equivalent by HTC I probably would have gone with it because the M8 is that good.

That said, the note 4 brings its own strengths beginning with the big, colorful, and sharp display. That was the main reason I made the switch. Yes, it is very readable outdoors. But I give the nod to the M8. The build isn't quite as good as the M8 but it's premium feeling nonetheless. The multi tasking ability on the note is another plus along with the S pen. This will sound weird but I liked the camera on the M8. The N4 is better but not as quick. I do like the batt life on the N4 and the rapid charging. I find The radio to be stronger as well.

Overall, the N4 is a worthy upgrade over the M8 lacking only in the duel front speakers and build quality department. It's almost unfair to the compare the M8 to the N4 seeing they are geared to different audiences however they are both high end devices and tops in their segment. What amazes me about the M8 is it was released much earlier than the N4 but still holds its own extremely well. I do give the advantage to the note 4 and I'm happy with the switch. I still have my M8 but the note 4 offers so much more that I've never second guessed my decision.

Yeah last time I had a sammy phone was the S4, I didn't like TW at all on it as well as the known S4 lags (while Note 3 was esteemed as way faster and no lags) I ended selling it after 1 month to get back to M7, but Note 4 is using a different TW now, I noticed how well the settings menu is done now a la HTC, the N4 has also a way bigger screen and better camera (for me the crop lover) even compared to the brand new M9, so I don't think I will end up selling it after 1 month ;)
Though now I am waiting to see if S6 camera is superior in daylight compared to N4 or the same, and of course how prices will evolve in the coming weeks, my bday is in the 2nd week of May so I can wait

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah last time I had a sammy phone was the S4, I didn't like TW at all on it as well as the known S4 lags (while Note 3 was esteemed as way faster and no lags) I ended selling it after 1 month to get back to M7, but Note 4 is using a different TW now, I noticed how well the settings menu is done now a la HTC, the N4 has also a way bigger screen and better camera (for me the crop lover) even compared to the brand new M9, so I don't think I will end up selling it after 1 month ;)
Though now I am waiting to see if S6 camera is superior in daylight compared to N4 or the same, and of course how prices will evolve in the coming weeks, my bday is in the 2nd week of May so I can wait

It seems as though Samsung is learning from iys mistakes regarding TW. The S6 I think will set a new benchmark for screen and camera. It makes me wonder what is in store for the Note 5!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems as though Samsung is learning from iys mistakes regarding TW. The S6 I think will set a new benchmark for screen and camera. It makes me wonder what is in store for the Note 5!

Hopefully, not a non-removable battery and no SD card.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude