Voice to text stopped working out of nowhere, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Voice to text stopped working out of nowhere!

I have had the Note 4 for about 2 months and I use the voice to text constantly! Everyday.. but all of a sudden one day out of nowhere it stopped working. It says that it's listening, but it doesn't have the waves around the microphone and it doesn't input any words I say.. I have read some other older threads and see issues with blue tooth. That was never an issue for me before. Always worked, bluetooth on or off, paired or not.. Help! I need my voice to text back!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Voice to text stopped working out of nowhere!

I have had the Note 4 for about 2 months and I use the voice to text constantly! Everyday.. but all of a sudden one day out of nowhere it stopped working. It says that it's listening, but it doesn't have the waves around the microphone and it doesn't input any words I say.. I have read some other older threads and see issues with blue tooth. That was never an issue for me before. Always worked, bluetooth on or off, paired or not.. Help! I need my voice to text back!

Have you reboot the phone? Also, go into system settings and clear cache for that app. It's going to be Google Now (search) or Samsung's. System settings - applications - app.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.🙋

Have you tried simply rebooting the device?
Failing that, a Cache Partition wipe may fix it.

Edit: Posted same moment as above.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton