[RUMOR] T-Mobile's Lollipop update coming on April 10th

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Take this with a huge grain of salt, but a T-Mo rep just told me that the Lollipop update is coming on April 10th. I contacted them regarding the GPS issue to see if there was a fix in the works. I was then told that a GPS fix is included in the Lollipop update which will be available via OTA on April 10th. Maybe he pulled that date out of nowhere just to give me an answer, who knows. It's interesting to note that April 10th is also the date that the S6 is available on T-Mo. I'm trying not to get my hopes up...but if this information is legit I'll be quite happy.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Take this with a huge grain of salt, but a T-Mo rep just told me that the Lollipop update is coming on April 10th. I contacted them regarding the GPS issue to see if there was a fix in the works. I was then told that a GPS fix is included in the Lollipop update which will be available via OTA on April 10th. Maybe he pulled that date out of nowhere just to give me an answer, who knows. It's interesting to note that April 10th is also the date that the S6 is available on T-Mo. I'm trying not to get my hopes up...but if this information is legit I'll be quite happy.
It would be nice and it could be true, however, I have known sales reps and customer service reps to lie to appease customers.

Note in my house!

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Considering its still in the manufacture development status on their website I'm guessing they just lied.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-30-14-24-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-30-14-24-58.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 149

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so ........ on the 10th they start selling eh S6 at the stores ... so any time after that .... they will come up with the upgrade ... new phones has to be released first ...........

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't think so ........ on the 10th they start selling eh S6 at the stores ... so any time after that .... they will come up with the upgrade ... new phones has to be released first ...........
But there are other T-mobile Android smartphones that have 5.0.

Note in my house!

kanderson326

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
?

Note in my house!
They can't just take sw from another device and slap it in your note 4. All the devices are different and carriers have to test for months before release, and also work with samsung. The other device was in line first for some reason. At least they should get it right... So take your time t-mobile... this update isn't very important to me anyway... any day now would be fine...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
They can't just take sw from another device and slap it in your note 4. All the devices are different and carriers have to test for months before release, and also work with samsung. The other device was in line first for some reason. At least they should get it right... So take your time t-mobile... this update isn't very important to me anyway... any day now would be fine...

The comment that I originally responded to indicated thatT-Mobile wouldn't release lollipop until after the S6 was released. My response was that there are already Android smartphones on their network that have lollipop. So that explanation didn't make sense to me. Therefore, your response didn't seem pertinent.

Note in my house!

kanderson326

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Oh, ok... that wouldn't be a good reason to wait for the s6 release before updating note 4 since another device already has it.

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
After multiple dealings with T-Mobile salesman, I learned that most of them are completely ignorant of T-Mobile's inner workings. You pretty much get a different answer each time you talk to one about the same things. I still use their services but I hope to NEVER set foot in another T-Mobile store the rest of my life.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
After multiple dealings with T-Mobile salesman, I learned that most of them are completely ignorant of T-Mobile's inner workings. You pretty much get a different answer each time you talk to one about the same things. I still use their services but I hope to NEVER set foot in another T-Mobile store the rest of my life.

I agree that service has kind of taken a nosedive. I noticed that when I was visiting T-Mo store after T-Mo store when I was having problems with my GPS. The biggest problem I faced was the reps assuming I was talking about a certain thing and wouldn't listen when I was trying to explain my problem.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well the day is almost over..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-10-14-55-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-10-14-55-47.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 43

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That April 10th date could be when T-Mobile gets their hands on it for testing. Release could be sometime in the summer.

It's being tested right now. So I doubt they'll hold it until summer. Since all other carriers have already released it, there would have to be something seriously wrong for them to **** off so many customers.