Why does my Galaxy Note 4 delete my movies on the sd card after inserting it?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 4 deletes my movies on the sd card after inserting it

i have a galaxy note 4 t-mobile version, and i am trying to add some movies to my phone, so i transfer some of my movies onto my SD card and then i plug the SD card into my phone, the SD card shows up and when i go to the SD card in my file explorer all the movies i transferred onto the SD card are not there and the storage on the sd card is as if it was never transferred. (I downloaded my play music library on my SD card and i have some apps installed on the SD card, and whenever i take out the SD card and re insert it, they all show up, just the movies i transferred disappear)

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 deletes my movies on the sd card after inserting it

Before you remove the card from your phone, are you unmounting it in the Settings menu?

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Are the movies that don't show up on the phone still present on the SD card when you connect the SD card back to the computer?

Minion Mayhem

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site

Are the movies that don't show up on the phone still present on the SD card when you connect the SD card back to the computer?

Late reply sorry, no longer have the device, but to answer this and previous reply: they are not present when connected to the computer(I wouldn't have asked this question(as long as I have access to the file and it can be seen on and moved from the SDcard to the PC I'm fine with it) and for previous reply. The phone was powered off when I removed it.(apparently when my phone ran out of battery and I replaced the battery, about 200-300 photos were corrupted(I have been able to use a program to recover most of them) -that was the case with one of my note 4's (replacements) one would just delete everything that was on it every time I inserted it into the phone). I am now using an iPhone 6s Plus, it's a cool device but battery life is poorish depending on what's being used on it. (KOTOR, MINECRAFT, or any other game like that makes my phone plummet in battery life -that's the case with about all phones I've used)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy