download status icon missing

Caretta

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn the download status icon back on?

I turned a few things off before traveling out of US. Now back and see that download status icon doesn't show-top left in notification bar, and also not in swipe down notifnation list. So, can't see if download is in progress or finished, and without that don't have that simple way to touch the finished download link to go directly to the file. Annoying to then have to go to "my files"... to open the new file.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Try this. Go to settings - apps - all tab and scroll down until download manager. Make sure that notifications are on.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hhmm that's a new problem I've never heard of , go into settings / apps / all apps and find downloads and see if the show notifications are turned off..

Sent from my Nexus 7

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I turned a few things off before traveling out of US. Now back and see that download status icon doesn't show-top left in notification bar, and also not in swipe down notifnation list. So, can't see if download is in progress or finished, and without that don't have that simple way to touch the finished download link to go directly to the file. Annoying to then have to go to "my files"... to open the new file.
Please report back and tell me if it works..

Sent from my Nexus 7

Caretta

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for suggestions. Gave me more ideas. Searched google and phone more. No luck. I have Note 4. Don't have settings-apps-all. And, nothing called a download manager that I can find.

Do have notifications for app updates, (and everything else). Butthat not what I'm looking for. I'm referring to download ing files. I've looked, poked, digged, searched, googled, and at a lose so far.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In the Note that should be in your app manager.

If you're running Lollipop check this. Go to settings - sound & notifications - app notifications and find your download manager. Tap on it and make sure isn't blocked.

Caretta

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
In the Note that should be in your app manager.

If you're running Lollipop check this. Go to settings - sound & notifications - app notifications and find your download manager. Tap on it and make sure isn't blocked.

Thanks Javier. I have Android Version 4.4.4. Means that I don't have lollipop, right? I tried for an update--no update. I see that AT&T is now rolling it out, but maybe not for me. Anyway. I have Settings-sounds which is only about sounds. And, I have Setting-notification panel which is only about the buttons.

UGH!

Caretta

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Ah, I did find the download manager. Settings-application manager-all. Notifications was checked. I unchecked, rechecked. I also did and "app reset and restarted phone. All the download status icons that I had missed came up after the restart. Solved. Don't know which procedure was the cure. Or, why this happened. But, whatever. ha ha

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I did find the download manager. Settings-application manager-all. Notifications was checked. I unchecked, rechecked. I also did and "app reset and restarted phone. All the download status icons that I had missed came up after the restart. Solved. Don't know which procedure was the cure. Or, why this happened. But, whatever. ha ha
As long as its fixed that's the main thing!!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Naddiiyaa

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

Try
setting > app > apps manager > more ( top on the right side) > show system apps > download manager > turn on the notification

I figure it out by myself and its really work for me. Goodluck

shags

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
FIXED
Had the same problem... guess I had disabled notifications for the internet browser on the phone. Re-allowing notifications for the browser re-enabled download functionality. Now download status (and completion) shows up in the drop-down status/notification bar again. Good luck!

shags

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
FIXED
Had the same problem... guess I had disabled notifications for the internet browser on the phone. Re-allowing notifications for the browser re-enabled download functionality. Now download status (and completion) shows up in the drop-down status/notification bar again. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC