Why has my battery percent stuck when charging my Note 4?

A

AC Question

Battery percent stuck when charging note 4

I charge my phone while i sleep and is left turned on. I went to bed around 5% and woke up 7 hours later and the phone was still charging at 75%. Something is clearly not right here. Does anyone know? This phone is relatively new i got it a week ago and this problem started happening 2 nights ago (happened both nights in a row now)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

It may be a fault with the USB lead or USB port, or damage to either of those. It could be other things, but check those first, or have them checked.
Also, routinely discharging heavily before recharging will shorten the life of the battery. It's best to recharge at about 40%. Read this guide by Rukbat:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...e-care-feeding-lithium-polymer-batteries.html

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery percent stuck when charging note 4

It could also be that you're leaving the phone on during charging, and the phone is using so much current (some rogue app, some app running that shouldn't be, weak cell signal - which costs battery) that there's very little current coming from the charger that's left for actually charging the battery. (Charge = current in from the charger minus current used by the phone.) There have been many posts here where the amount of current used by the phone is so large that the battery discharges while the charger is plugged in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance