Why the delay in T-Mobile's Lollypop release for Note 4?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have several theories as to why T-Mobile hasn't released Lollypop for the Note 4...yet. One theory...and I hope this is true...is that they're going to release the 5.1 upgrade rather than start at 5.0 and later release 5.0.2 and 5.1 in the future. My other theory is that they have to modify it (again, hopefully, 5.1) to operate properly with the Gear S. Otherwise, I don't really see any other reasonable explanations for this delay, since TMO won't offer any explanations. If anyone else has other theories (or even direct info), I'd sure like to hear them.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I have several theories as to why T-Mobile hasn't released Lollypop for the Note 4...yet. One theory...and I hope this is true...is that they're going to release the 5.1 upgrade rather than start at 5.0 and later release 5.0.2 and 5.1 in the future. My other theory is that they have to modify it (again, hopefully, 5.1) to operate properly with the Gear S. Otherwise, I don't really see any other reasonable explanations for this delay, since TMO won't offer any explanations. If anyone else has other theories (or even direct info), I'd sure like to hear them.

Seems like all of the other carriers have been releasing 5.1 so I don't see that as an excuse. It's annoying they are taking so long.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Seems like all of the other carriers have been releasing 5.1 so I don't see that as an excuse. It's annoying they are taking so long.

So do you think it could be to make sure the marriage with the Gear S could be a reason? The Gear S is unique to the other wearables on the market because it's capable of call forwarding and/or as a standalone device. That could require some additional work to get them to mesh properly.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So do you think it could be to make sure the marriage with the Gear S could be a reason? The Gear S is unique to the other wearables on the market because it's capable of call forwarding and/or as a standalone device. That could require some additional work to get them to mesh properly.

I have no clue what the hold up is. I know that it is getting ridiculous

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Remember when the note 4 released last year, everyone was saying why did T-Mobile get the note 4 before everyone. Kind of ironic it's turned around on the lollipop update. But you guys got the better end of the deal, I'd rather get the phone sooner then the update.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been running 5.0.2 TW on my TMO Note 4 all day thanks to amazing dev community at XDA. If you're down to root, I say go for it (cause waiting sucks!).

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been running 5.0.2 TW on my TMO Note 4 all day thanks to amazing dev community at XDA. If you're down to root, I say go for it (cause waiting sucks!).

I might try this and see how it goes. I know there is a memory leak that wasn't fixed until 5.1 so that kind of worries me.

My phone works perfectly on KitKat so I kind of go along with if it works....

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
they've released 5.1 already? wow good job Samsung. jk. My nexus tablet barely got 5.1 a few days ago lol. I think you guys mean 5.0.1

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it will be that long of a wait. I'm expecting a release any day now.

Go to THIS PAGE and select the Note 4, it says that T-Mobile doesn't even have the OS version for testing yet, only that the manufacturer has agreed to support Lollipop.

If you click on other phones such as the 2+ year old Nexus 4, it says it is already released for that phone.

This is why I say we have a very long wait.

t-mobile.png

Last edited:

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I recently left Verizon for Tmobile. While I was with Verizon i received the Lollypop download, and I downloaded it to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4... The download had taken 45 minutes..after the download I reset my phone from the factory...The changes were nice! My phone was faster!...The only problem I noticed was with the wifi...I was at Starbucks, and I made sure my wifi was set to on, but the wifi would keep turning off!..I lost some data!..I contacted Samsung and they told me to turn off the data...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz