Lollipop improved TouchWiz... staying with Nova!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Most of the issues with TouchWiz that made me use Nova as my Launcher with KitKat, improved dramatically with the Lollipop upgrade. Unfortunately, the inability to set your own Icon size, spacing and system tray spacing... sends me right back to Nova. I used TouchWiz overnight and this morning after my Verizon Lollipop Upgrade but I find my desktops cluttered with icons. I like the way I can compress my icon spacing and have a lot of icons on the desktops yet still see my wallpaper. Why can't they allow us to make small customization changes like that with TouchWiz? I'd run it if that were possible!

BTW, I find that Nova is faster now too with the Lollipop Upgrade... just FYI!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Most of the issues with TouchWiz that made me use Nova as my Launcher with KitKat, improved dramatically with the Lollipop upgrade. Unfortunately, the inability to set your own Icon size, spacing and system tray spacing... sends me right back to Nova. I used TouchWiz overnight and this morning after my Verizon Lollipop Upgrade but I find my desktops cluttered with icons. I like the way I can compress my icon spacing and have a lot of icons on the desktops yet still see my wallpaper. Why can't they allow us to make small customization changes like that with TouchWiz? I'd run it if that were possible!

I was using NOVA before the update..after the lollipop update, I noticed tht the gesture of scrolling down the notification panel from 1/2 way across the screen was not working..big deal for me, so switched back to Touchwiz...also with nova, when I was foreclosing a app from the app drawer, it would't do it..but after using touchwiz for a couple of hrs, i think i am going back to NovA!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm back to Nova after lollipop. Did factory reset just because I wanted a clean start. Had my Nova setting backed up. It was a breeze to restore it. In seconds everything was back to where I had it.

Runs smooth and fast. Nothing to complain about. Love a fresh phone after factory resets.

Posted via the Android Central App

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
But why should we be satisfied with having to start all over for each update!?!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

We don't. Some people like to do a factory reset after a major update. I normally do but didn't thus time and I'm running fine.

The question is why don't we have a backup and restore like iOS does.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Why can't they allow us to make small customization changes like that with TouchWiz? I'd run it if that were possible!

Totally agree. If they are going to stick with TouchWiz at least give us more options.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Just put stuff that are alike in folders. Media, like Netflix, youtube, I heart. Emails in a folder. Browser's in one. I have over 50 things in 6 folders.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

No need to do it if you are not having major issues. It's a personal preference for me. I like having a fresh clean start with major updates. I take that as a good time to clean up my phone. These suckers get abused day in and day out.

I have every important thing on my phone on auto backup. A factory reset for me is not an inconvenience at all. This is the 1st reset of my note 4 after almost 5 months of heavy use. Love it even more now :)

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
We don't. Some people like to do a factory reset after a major update. I normally do but didn't thus time and I'm running fine.

The question is why don't we have a backup and restore like iOS does.

thank you...tht's my biggest concern with Android right now.!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
No need to do it if you are not having major issues. It's a personal preference for me. I like having a fresh clean start with major updates. I take that as a good time to clean up my phone. These suckers get abused day in and day out.

I have every important thing on my phone on auto backup. A factory reset for me is not an inconvenience at all. This is the 1st reset of my note 4 after almost 5 months of heavy use. Love it even more now :)

how do you back up apps with app data?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was using NOVA before the update..after the lollipop update, I noticed tht the gesture of scrolling down the notification panel from 1/2 way across the screen was not working..big deal for me, so switched back to Touchwiz...also with nova, when I was foreclosing a app from the app drawer, it would't do it..but after using touchwiz for a couple of hrs, i think i am going back to NovA!

You can fix the Nova swipe down from anywhere to expand notifications function by getting on the Nova beta version and then turning accessibility on. There's a thread on this forum I started on this subject a day or 2 ago.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
You can fix the Nova swipe down from anywhere to expand notifications function by getting on the Nova beta version and then turning accessibility on. There's a thread on this forum I started on this subject a day or 2 ago.

Yeah I saw tht thread..I am looking into it!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
TouchWiz is still a love-it or hate-it thing to me, personally.

It's better than the last, but I still think it has some ways to go.

I await the day it comes close to that rumored screenshot AC posted before the S5 reveal. That would've made me fall in love with TW.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Good old Nova! But it scares me that so much enjoyment of my android experience rests on one app! What would I do without you?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a fan of Nova, too! I set the options under look and feel to faster than light, and it just makes my phone so freakishly fast responding that I can't imagine using anything else. And yes, it is even better after the lollipop updates and a factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21