HD voice is incredible

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I finally was able to make and HD call, to my son on my old Maxx. :)

There is a very clear and immediately recognizable difference. Call clarity is much, much better. I cannot imagine somebody using this and not being able to tell the difference. It will be nice when more people have it and turn it on.

Now that I realize that video calls use data, I understand why VZW will push this as it matures. Give the voice, and hope people use more and more video.

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have it on Verizon. But when I am in a spotty 4g area like my home unfortunately, the call connection is horrible. May be forced to keep HD voice off!

samwilli2002

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy S6 ( Verizon Service) and turned on Advanced Calling. Regular calls sound terible with non-HD callers, but OK with HD callers. If I turn off Advanced calling all calls sound good.

I'm not sure if it is my phone or just the technology. I am in a metro area with great 4g coverage and or WIFI.

Non HD calls have a high pitched/crackle sound. Any suggestions?

BTW the Video works well...

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I love the HD calling. Much more clear with other HD calling phones and much better volume with non HD calling phones. Plus I love the video calls.

Posted via the Android Central App

Another feature I was unaware of due to not reading up..call me, I wanna test it out 😜

Posted via the Android Central App

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
HD calling is sweet! Now, with non HD calls are not sounding worse but I have had a few dropped calls, not sure if that's due to HD

Fan droid

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I agree, I'm not a big fan. It is not consistently good. At times I think it's better but the digitized sound not so much, plus I've already been told by 2 people that I keep fading in and out....I don't think HD voice is ready for prime time. I think it's more of a ploy of Verizon to dupe us into something that has worse quality.....Can you hear me now?

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know until reading this that HD and Wi-Fi calling were now available. I had been checking for Wi-Fi a while back as we have crap for phone service @ our office, but freat Wi-Fi, but I've been working from home more & hadn't checked in a while. Problem is I have caller ID, which I like, and it's incompatible with HD for some reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois