lollipop battery life

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded Friday and did a factory reset, it appears the new lollipop system is eating my battery life up....

Anyone else having similar issues?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-05-19-32-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-19-32-48.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 180

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just did a factory reset, customized and swapped out my battery. Things are definitely better and it so worth doing it because my battery drain was pretty bad, but it is not fabulous. Very good but not fabulous.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset too, and my battery life was definitely better on kit kat.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Note 4 to Lollipop a couple of weeks ago and the phone is faster with better battery life then on Kit Kat. I just cleared the system cache with no factory reset. Hope everyone has the same luck that I did. I'm on 5.0.1 BTW

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
So far mine is running about the same as before. I was happy to not see any drop, so im good w it.. its still only been a couple days, so maybe it will improve a little more.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Note 4 to Lollipop a couple of weeks ago and the phone is faster with better battery life then on Kit Kat. I just cleared the system cache with no factory reset. Hope everyone has the same luck that I did. I'm on 5.0.1 BTW

Exactly what I did. Battery life is acceptable for me.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is amazing for my Galaxy S5 with 5.0 lollipop. My phone lasts literally the whole day with moderate to heavy use.

Sent from my a guy that love CyanogenMod using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im starting to believe that doing a factory reset after the upgrade is a good idea.

I work 12 hour shifts and make a lot of calls and do a lot of texting. When i get home ill have between 50 or 60 percent with close to 3 hours of on screen time.
The idle drain is very low.

My nights vary on use depending on how many calls i have, and how much time i have to play a few slot games or surf the web, but so far im making it 14 to 16 hours with plenty of battery left when i put it on the charger and go to bed.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is on a par to Kit Kat. Haven't done a factory reset so I reckon that will make it even better. Did so on my S5 before I upgraded to my Note4.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Mines definitely better on lollipop, you guys should wipe cache partition in addition to a factory reset.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Did the same as you and my note 4 runs beautifully.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Now that the factory reset has been done (almost 48 hours ago) and things are settling down, I did a stand by test this morning. The phone is using no more and maybe less than 1 percent per hour on standby. I find this fair and a sign the phone is healthy. Today I will use it as normal. I am sure I will get a full day out of the battery again.