Bluetooth skips - still.. even after lol-pop 5.0.1

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm still so frustrated that when my note 4 verizon phone is connected to any blue tooth music streaming headphone or car bluetooth, music regularly cuts out and comes back on. Sounds like a skip. It's happening more frequently since the update.

It's so stupid that Google or samsung can't get it right. My last two phones had the same issue. Their system should not let any app or process cause the audio to be interrupted. Or there should be a global setting that allows the smooth playback of music.. this is the one and only thing that drives me crazy.. besides that I love this phone. If you tell me to boot in safe mode please explain how I can find and troubleshoot an errant app that could be causing the persistent issue.. any other ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I always thought it was just Amazon music. It is a minor inconvenience while running, but worth it since bluetooth is way more convenient for me.

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Right, My Galaxy S2 skips when using Bluetooth, (SoundPeats Qy7) and my Nexus 6 5.1 skips as well. Connected headphones do not skip. However, I note that when I use these bluetooth stereo earplugs while sitting, they do not skip. But, when I walk, my music cuts out frequently for a second and sometimes it sputters, but comes back to streaming. Happens on iHeart Radio and on my local music player. Has anyone found a fix for this and I am not referring to the "leave your screen always on". Although, I will try leaving my screen on. I have disabled and tranquilized many of the features on my Nexus and of course, I did not find a fix.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Right, My Galaxy S2 skips when using Bluetooth, (SoundPeats Qy7) and my Nexus 6 5.1 skips as well. Connected headphones do not skip. However, I note that when I use these bluetooth stereo earplugs while sitting, they do not skip. But, when I walk, my music cuts out frequently for a second and sometimes it sputters, but comes back to streaming. Happens on iHeart Radio and on my local music player. Has anyone found a fix for this and I am not referring to the "leave your screen always on". Although, I will try leaving my screen on. I have disabled and tranquilized many of the features on my Nexus and of course, I did not find a fix.

On the other threads on this and under my Google bug report on it, I haven't seen a fix (though perhaps using a custom ROM can do it).

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm beginning to think I may actually have purchased 3 cheap BT earphones from Amazon.....BT works fine to stream music on my other devices that are connected to my sound systems...

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I think the BT earphones may just be cheap and sold by Amazon...I raised a stink on one item and I guess I wasn't the only person, as the item went "out of order" then extinct....China is probably dumped boatloads of cheap items in different skins with the same electronics...

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running KK4.4.4, connected to my BT speaker with screen off and there is skipping here, too. That really sucks. My Note 3 doesn't do that. :(

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The skipping has stopped now with screen off. Makes me wonder if it was initial wireless charging notifications or something like that. No skipping at all for at least five minutes. I had two or three before it settled down.

When I'm not exhausted I'll try setting up an AutomateIt rule for turning off notifications when the screen is off and music is playing via BT. Let's see if I'm that talented. :D

Just got a skip! #@$%^@$@$

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
This problem isn't isolated to Samsung. It's more of an Android bug.

And that, my friend, is why I will be leaving Android. Which irritating because I love every other thing. But stuff like this sends me through the roof.

srfinva

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
And that, my friend, is why I will be leaving Android. Which irritating because I love every other thing. But stuff like this sends me through the roof.

I just moved to Android (Galaxy Note 4, LP 5.0.1) in June 2015, after using a BlackBerry Z10 for 2 years. It has been incredibly frustrating. A beautiful display, tons of apps, fast processor, and more. But when it comes to basics it fails. My BlackBerry (in the same location and on the same carrier) had MUCH better cell reception (-79 dBm vs. -112dBm for the Note), and bluetooth performance is awful. Dropped connections, garbled sound, and incompatibilities with popular headsets. The Z10 had plenty of faults, but it got the basics right. I'm not sure what I'll do when this 2-year contract is up.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
When I'm not exhausted I'll try setting up an AutomateIt rule for turning off notifications when the screen is off and music is playing via BT.
:victory: I don't have the notification issue setup yet, but I did setup an AutomateIt rule to automatically dim my screen to zero when my boombox is connected and I'm on my wireless or other charger. I setup another rule to restore the brightness when I disconnect from the charger. It's a start.

Would never, EVER leave Android over something like this. Android=extreme customization and control. I am the definition of a "control freak".

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
:victory: I don't have the notification issue setup yet, but I did setup an AutomateIt rule to automatically dim my screen to zero when my boombox is connected and I'm on my wireless or other charger. I setup another rule to restore the brightness when I disconnect from the charger. It's a start.

Would never, EVER leave Android over something like this. Android=extreme customization and control. I am the definition of a "control freak".

I used to feel this way, having years of owning a myriad of Android devices and rooting and loading custom ROMs. But a few months ago I bought an LTE 128GB iPad Air 2 and I have to say it amazes me with how well it works - I haven't had a single issue with it and it is fast and clean. I still play with my Android devices and use my Note 4 but I won't denigrate Apple devices any longer as my Air 2 has become my dependable go-to tablet.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to feel this way, having years of owning a myriad of Android devices and rooting and loading custom ROMs. But a few months ago I bought an LTE 128GB iPad Air 2 and I have to say it amazes me with how well it works - I haven't had a single issue with it and it is fast and clean. I still play with my Android devices and use my Note 4 but I won't denigrate Apple devices any longer as my Air 2 has become my dependable go-to tablet.
Honestly, when the N5 was announced, stripped of extSD and removable battery, I considered Apple's new one coming. As soon as I remembered I'd have to deal with iTunes again I stopped. When Apple got hacked and they made everyone verify I couldn't get it working again and Apple was no help. Spent two hours trying to send a gift card to a friend and said "Enough". I won't go back at this point because of iTunes. The garden may be lovely, but I do love to wander and I like control.

I quit denigrating Apple when it's former founder passed recently. I remember all the way back and all the $^$$ he did. While he was here I was an anti-fanboy and very vocal.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, when the N5 was announced, stripped of extSD and removable battery, I considered Apple's new one coming. As soon as I remembered I'd have to deal with iTunes again I stopped. When Apple got hacked and they made everyone verify I couldn't get it working again and Apple was no help. Spent two hours trying to send a gift card to a friend and said "Enough". I won't go back at this point because of iTunes. The garden may be lovely, but I do love to wander and I like control.

I quit denigrating Apple when it's former founder passed recently. I remember all the way back and all the $^$$ he did. While he was here I was an anti-fanboy and very vocal.

Vendors have a lot to learn about customer service. I have an Asus TF700T Infinity Prime tablet and the horror stories about Asus service over on that tablet's forums are legion. The Tf700T is a pricey device that has to be rooted and loaded with a custom ROM to make make work just halfway decently. I'm a retired S/W engineer and happen to like fiddling with devices like that (and have the time) but your normal user doesn't and shouldn't have to - it should work straight out of the box. And there's something fundamentally wrong with spending far more time configuring a device than actually using it. Be that as it may, I like both Android and iOS ecosystems but for different uses and applications.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Vendors have a lot to learn about customer service. I have an Asus TF700T Infinity Prime tablet and the horror stories about Asus service over on that tablet's forums are legion. The Tf700T is a pricey device that has to be rooted and loaded with a custom ROM to make make work just halfway decently. I'm a retired S/W engineer and happen to like fiddling with devices like that (and have the time) but your normal user doesn't and shouldn't have to - it should work straight out of the box. And there's something fundamentally wrong with spending far more time configuring a device than actually using it. Be that as it may, I like both Android and iOS ecosystems but for different uses and applications.
I agree on most counts of your post. I do like to fiddle and I have been a computer upgrader and fiddler since the first wrong answer I got on a computer help line. I do all my own computer work and upgrades. The day is coming, though... at that point I'll probably go with Apple and be done with it. I'll still likely jailbreak my devices, though. It's fun for me. I enjoy it.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site