Eric Lipkind

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Since the lollipop update on Verizon 5.01, I no longer get the choice for silent or vibrate when I hold the power button. How do put the phone into these modes now?

Posted via the Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Since the lollipop update on Verizon 5.01, I no longer get the choice for silent or vibrate when I hold the power button. How do put the phone into these modes now?

It's the volume button.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Is it not right in the middle when u pull the notification panel down? Quick toggle between ring, vibrate, and silent.

Eric Lipkind

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Is it not right in the middle when u pull the notification panel down? Quick toggle between ring, vibrate, and silent.

Yes, there it is, thanks. Wonder why they removed the choice from the power button.

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Can't use volume to silence. Or down to vibrate. Uses to be to silence on my galaxy s3, no more on Note 4 Lollipop. :(

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't use volume to silence. Or down to vibrate. Uses to be to silence on my galaxy s3, no more on Note 4 Lollipop. :(

On the att note 4 with lollipop I can use the volume buttons to silence, vibrate, sound my phone. Must be different on Verizon.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use the dazzle switcher and have for years. It works great especially since I use the Wake Me Not app. Wake Me Not let's me select certain contacts to ring through at night. With dazzle I can always leave my ringer at the same volume and just switch to either vibrate or silent during the day without actually changing the volume level. This works particularly well with my Wake Me Not app cause I want my volume up if a call needs to ring through. Wake Me Not does not change the volume. It just mutes the volume of those numbers not selected to ring through.