How do I disable the finger scanner on my Note 4?

CourtneyyyB

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
disable finger scanner on Note 4

i tried to use the fingerprint scanner and didnt like it. now when i try to go back and disable it the swype ootion is greyed out. and if i try to delete it, it won't let me. help?!

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: disable finger scanner on Note 4

You have to go to Settings > Security > down to Clear Credentials and select it. Then go back to Lock Screen and it will be available.
Good Luck!
Ron

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You have to go to Settings > Security > down to Clear Credentials and select it. Then go back to Lock Screen and it will be available.
Good Luck!
Ron

Why would you need to clear credentials before just going to Lock Screen and selecting another unlock method?

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Why would you need to clear credentials before just going to Lock Screen and selecting another unlock method?
Beast me but after you select Fingerprint Scan the options for Swipe and None are grayed out. Clearing Credentials allows them to be selected. I am on Sprint by the way in case this is carrier specific. I had to google it when mine were grayed out. The fix is out there.
Good Luck!
Ron

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Beast me but after you select Fingerprint Scan the options for Swipe and None are grayed out. Clearing Credentials allows them to be selected. I am on Sprint by the way in case this is carrier specific. I had to google it when mine were grayed out. The fix is out there.
Good Luck!
Ron

I was able to change it by just going directly to Fingerprint Scanner and turning it off. All choices were available. Nothing grayed out. I'm with TMO, so maybe it is carrier specific.

Posted via the Android Central App

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and it is also acting exactly like that after Lollipop. I had to clear the credentials and then I was good to go.

akapecks

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the tip! I almost went crazy when it kept saying it cannot be deregistered as some functions is using fingerprint. Geesh! But clearing the credentials worked for me! just updated to lollipop btw.

akapecks

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Good Luck!
Ron
Thanks for the tip! I almost went crazy when it kept saying it cannot be deregistered as some functions is using fingerprint. Geesh! But clearing the credentials worked for me! just updated to lollipop btw.

Brad Scarberry

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

I was able to change it by just going directly to Fingerprint Scanner and turning it off. All choices were available. Nothing grayed out. I'm with TMO, so maybe it is carrier specific.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm with Tmobile also and I had the same issue. I'm running on the note 4 btw. Clearing credentials worked though.