Lollipop Question

br808

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
There are a few things I find lacking w/ lollipop.

For starters, instead of pressing the power button to access the sound/mute buttons, I now have to unlock the phone an decrease the volume. And that doesn't even turn off vibrations like mute did. (I went and turned off vibrations for all notifications)

What happened to the app w/ the number where you can turn apps off?

Also, a folder with apps in it disappeared? It's not a big deal, I recreated the folder and replaced the apps, but why did that happen.

I really don't see any benefit. It's not faster than KK (in fact it's slower in some regard)

Anyway, if I could get that mute back on the lock screen, that'll be great.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Pulling down the notification panel and using the toggle button doesn't work for you?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can install power toggles from the play store and setup the sound toggle to appear on the lock screen.

You can add the active applications widget to add the "app with the numbers"

You might see better performance after a factory data reset, especially after a major os upgrade

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
that works, but I'd rather not have to unlock the phone to mute it
thanks for the reply

Just an idea. I have smart lock on, so when I'm at "trusted" places like home, the notification pull down on the lock screen works without having to unlock the phone. So u can mute fast and easy.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
On my lock screen I can pull down the notifications and mute my phone without unlocking and Lollipop is a lot faster than KK. You really need to do a factory reset after installing a new operating system or a massive update.