VERIZON Note 4 Advanced Call (Volte) help!

dukejake4

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, so after doing the new Lollipop update on my Verizon Note 4 last week, I just discovered the advanced calling feature (volte). BUT, my questions are:

1.) Will it affect my battery life?
2.) Should I or should I not enable it? Why or why not?
3.) Any issues or bugs with your experience so far?

I would really appreciate any answers or advice on this feature or if you have any other tips or tricks regarding something else with this new update please share!! Thanks!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had this feature turned on now for about 3 days and have no plans to remove it. I haven't noticed any real change to the battery, but then the whole phone experience is new because of the update. It sound quality did take a little adjustment at first. It is very clear but then, so is all the background noise. Try it, if you don't like it turn it off.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

dukejake4

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
So I just looked into enabling it, but it takes me to my Verizon. What's up with this "plan has to be compatible" stuff? I'm on a family plan. But idk what this means?

Sent from my Sammy Note 4

Brutusf

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania. My experience has not been a positive one. I have had the Note 4 since November 2014. Since the Lollipop update, almost every call I make, people say I'm fading in and out and at times I can't hear the other person. I have been on Verizon for 15 years, this is my 4th Galaxy phone (S3,S4,S5 and Note 4). I have never had this issue. I'm in sales and can't be a guinea pig for a half-baked feature. I turned it off on my phone and I'm hopeful that will solve the issue. Not a fan of digital calling at this point...

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania. My experience has not been a positive one. I have had the Note 4 since November 2014. Since the Lollipop update, almost every call I make, people say I'm fading in and out and at times I can't hear the other person. I have been on Verizon for 15 years, this is my 4th Galaxy phone (S3,S4,S5 and Note 4). I have never had this issue. I'm in sales and can't be a guinea pig for a half-baked feature. I turned it off on my phone and I'm hopeful that will solve the issue. Not a fan of digital calling at this point...

I can confirm that, for me too, sound quality with HD Voice turned on, but on a call with someone who does NOT have HD Voice, is nearly unusable. It's worse than not having HD Voice at all. As a matter of fact, regular call sound quality on my Note 4 is actually quite good.

johnnylighton

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes. SQ to a landline was so poor I couldn't believe it. Does Verizon not test these things first?

Until they improve volte, I would stay far away from it because once you activate it there's no going back. You can turn it off but there are changes to the phone that remain, including a video call button that makes the dialer less nice, and 4G is always illuminated on the status bar.

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want to disable the feature completely, call Verizon Wireless customer support and have them remove the feature from whatever line you want it disabled from, or use the My Verizon app to remove it. Then it will be back to the way it was prior to activating Advanced Calling. I personally love it, extremely clear to other VOLTE subscribers on Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
If you want to disable the feature completely, call Verizon Wireless customer support and have them remove the feature from whatever line you want it disabled from, or use the My Verizon app to remove it. Then it will be back to the way it was prior to activating Advanced Calling. I personally love it, extremely clear to other VOLTE subscribers on Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Problem for me is that, even though most of my and my wife's families are on Verizon (and that's quite of few relatives) I have found only one of them that has a phone even capable of HD Voice. And wouldn't you know, he and I have very little to say to each other. :)

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that, for me too, sound quality with HD Voice turned on, but on a call with someone who does NOT have HD Voice, is nearly unusable. It's worse than not having HD Voice at all. As a matter of fact, regular call sound quality on my Note 4 is actually quite good.

I agree. Every time I have made a call the other caller says that my phone is breaking up. This is when I am calling someone on a regular, non cell phone line.