No longer waiting for Lollipop... Love it so far...

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I just hate the way those upgrades are being pushed. What is the point of having some customers wait a month longer than others? And yes I know I can use other ROM and ****, but that is besides the point...

Anyone see some system in the madness?

I live in Norway and belong to the NEE region by the way..

Written on my awesome Note 4 without Lollipop...

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Still waiting for that Lollipop...

It's coming! I'm on Verizon in the US which is notoriously bad with updates and we just got it. It's coming patience my friend. :)

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

According to a site that claims to have live listing of the updates, it looks like many countries already has it in Europe. Just a few select ones still waiting. But what we are waiting for I do lot know.
Give us our wowwipop now !

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Nope.

But everyone from Romania to Sweden has...

I am planning a factory reset when i update. This makes the waiting even worse. What is the point of spending g time setting the phone up when I'm going to reset it?

Hope it comes soon cuz my chocolate is melting fast...

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

You can take mine......it came to my Verizon Note 4 day before yesterday and I have been holding it off! I really don't want it, but inevitably it will automatically install after a certain amount of rejections! Urgh, my Note 4 is running soooooo smoothly the way it is!

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

You can take mine......it came to my Verizon Note 4 day before yesterday and I have been holding it off! I really don't want it, but inevitably it will automatically install after a certain amount of rejections! Urgh, my Note 4 is running soooooo smoothly the way it is!

Lol. Those carrier specific stuff you can keep to your self. But the for thinking of me. Appreciate it :)

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I really dislike Apple, but this is the only area where they got it right...screw the carriers...EVERYONE gets the update, and EVERYONE can choose whether to download it or not.

Posted via the Android Central App

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I can't make it come any faster, but maybe this will help....

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I did it ! Using Odin to install German version of Lollipop. Soooooo easy. Recommend it if you are as sick of waiting for Samsung to get their ducks in a row as I am...

Not yet done factory reset, but haven't found any reason for it, as it simply works...

Written on my awesome Note 4 WITH Lollipop

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I'd be glad if my phone didn't want to force me to this crap called Lollipop! why are you in a hurry to cripple your device and lower its battery life!!?!?

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I'd be glad if my phone didn't want to force me to this crap called Lollipop! why are you in a hurry to cripple your device and lower its battery life!!?!?

Have you tried it? What is being crippled? My battery is as good or better, I have zero bugs, a new S Health among others. Know what ypu are doing, and it is all good.

But if you are against progress, I suggest you get yourself some kind of iCrap...

I smell some good old fashion trolling....

Written using my awesome Note 4 WITH Lollipop, good battery and no bugs.

Goggy Vee

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded from an S5 to the Note 4. I had updated to Lollipop on the S5 and wished I didn't. I plan on waiting as long as I can before updating my Note. My biggest complaint is that they took away the ability for app/widgets to toggle data on and off. No more battery saving apps. I use myprofiles to change settings for if I am work or home or driving. There is very poor coverage in my office and being able to toggle data on and off with a profile is key. Lollipop removes that so now I can either leave data on and kill my battery while the phone searches for a signal or I can go thru 4-5 settings just to turn it off and then I need to remember to turn it back on when I get in the car. I also use Automateitpro which can't toggle it or Tasker can't either. You can have Lollipop, I don't want it.

look for the the thread labeled "Battery saver app to disable mobile data not working with Lollipop" for other info.

Last edited:

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded from an S5 to the Note 4. I had updated to Lollipop on the S5 and wished I didn't. I plan on waiting as long as I can before updating my Note. My biggest complaint is that they took away the ability for app/widgets to toggle data on and off. No more battery saving apps. I use myprofiles to change settings for if I am work or home or driving. There is very poor coverage in my office and being able to toggle data on and off with a profile is key. Lollipop removes that so now I can either leave data on and kill my battery while the phone searches for a signal or I can go thru 4-5 settings just to turn it off and then I need to remember to turn it back on when I get in the car. I also use Automateitpro which can't toggle it or Tasker can't either. You can have Lollipop, I don't want it.

look for the the thread labeled "Battery saver app to disable mobile data not working with Lollipop" for other info.

Finally someone with actual facts. Thanks to you sir.

I have never hadd any problems with battery on my S4+ or Note 4. That being said it took its toll on my S4 using an android wear watch. Have been using a Gear S watch with constant BT, mobile net speed reduced one notch down from 4G on account of bad reception here. I have more than enough data speed even with this setting for the day to day use.

I just do not understand what ppl complain about. I recharge every night, and for me to have to recharge during the day I must really abuse the phone. And I am not one that passes on YouTube, streaming music etc to save battery. After all I got this device to use it, not to constantly go half power or miss out on things because the battery is not good enough. Because what it comes down to in 80% of complaints to Lollipop it is about battery.

Any how thanks for the input, and that you share some experience to back up your claims.

Written on my Note 4 on Lollipop with 20% battery left at 10pm

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
On Verizon. Downloaded it. Also did a h ad reset. I am not completely loving it. My battery life was horrid at first. But my Starbucks app has not worked properly since abd I know it's on them. But they are taking t h er sweet time fixing the problem. I still prefer kitkat

Posted via the Android Central App

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried it? What is being crippled? My battery is as good or better, I have zero bugs, a new S Health among others. Know what ypu are doing, and it is all good.

But if you are against progress, I suggest you get yourself some kind of iCrap...

I smell some good old fashion trolling....

Written using my awesome Note 4 WITH Lollipop, good battery and no bugs.
I had an iToy 6 before no thanks..... hated that it throws everything in Camera roll and it takes an engineering degree in rocket science just to be able to transfer songs from my computer to the iToy 6

with that said, yes I am using lollicrap, and have done a cache clear / factory reset via the advanced menu.....it isn't that bad but it isn't as smooth either and I cannot get 2 days of battery life anymore as I did with Kitty Kat

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12