I don't want to update to lollipop from kitkat, how can I stop it???

BrendaLilly

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I have verizon and they Sid they will be pushing lollipop through (even though I keep ignoring the update). How can I stop this from happening???

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much but I'm not that good with technology... I was hoping it would be simple.

If you aren't that good with technology, why do you want to stop the upgrade? What are you afraid of?

Just let it update and go about your business. The vast majority of people are not complaining about the update. Don't judge it using internet message boards as that's where people come to complain.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much but I'm not that good with technology... I was hoping it would be simple.

I'm not sure that Verizon can actually push the download on you, but even if they Could, you would still have to initiate the actual install {since you will lose the use of your phone while it is installing}. So IF the update gets auto downloaded to your phone. Just don't install it.

now there will be a matter of the persistent notification that will show up in the notification that says the update is ready to install or something like that. But you can "hide" the notification by long pressing it and hitting the small "i" one the right and then unchecking the "show notification" on the app screen that comes up. {you may want to take note of the app name or screen shot it wjen you are unchecking it, so that you can always go back and recheck the notification in case you want to update at a later time, I believe it's the Google play service app, but just make sure}

But having said that, I for one like the lollipop update even though I noticed a couple of bugs.

Tatmomof2

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi Brenda. Verizon told me I'd just wake up one day and it would be installed.
That was SIX months ago, and it hasn't forced anything. I hated lollipop and had Verizon send me a new G2 so I could keep kitkat. Thank goodness I was still under warranty. Lollipop ruined my phone. Battery got sucked down, half of my apps weren't compatible with lollipop and I lost my favorite widgets. My phone was ugly and didn't work the way I loved it anymore. I was miserable!!
I just keep an app open, like my calendar or calculator and the update notification doesn't pop up anymore, unless I forget to keep an app open. Even then, ya just close the install request, open an app and get on with your day.
Don't let the lollipop lovers bully you and ask what you're afraid of. I HATED lollipop and I don't give a rat's patoot what anybody else thinks. I'm avoiding it like the plague. Good luck!! 😁

Last edited:

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It is rather simple, but it does require you to do some operations on your PC and your phone. Once you go through it, you'll see it's not that bad.

I can tell you now that if you don't want to lose Kitkat, you have no choice but to block OTA and KNOX. Once VZW forces LP and it's updates, it will also install a block that will disallow you from ever going back to KK. You will be stuck on LP forever whether you like it or not. Consider yourself warned!

Personally, I simply hate the interface of LP and that's the reason I'm still on KK.

Synycalwon outlined the procedure in another thread... read it HERE

If you need help, you can always ask here or in the original XDA thread.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The majority of people that are having issues with Lollipop either didn't clear their system cache or do a factory reset after the update.

I haven't had a single issue with Lollipop and in fact my phone preforms faster and the battery life has increased. I know a lot of people that have had the same success.

BTW even though I didn't have any issues with the Lollipop update I still cleared my system cache and did a factory reset as I always do after an update.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

Ruchir Sajwan

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Get that bugging "Lolipop update" out of the notification panel forever:
1: Make sure "AUTO UPDATE" and "update on wifi" is off.
2: Go to "Power saving mode" and check restrict background data and restrict performance.
3: Uncheck restrict background data and turn off restrict performance.
The update notification will go away and will not come back even if you restart your phone.
ENJOY
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699