Google's Handwriting Input App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have tried it briefly and thought that it was ok. I didn't see much benefit of the keyboard other than you can write multiple lines of text at once. Cursive recognition is poor, you can't toggle between the handwriting keyboard and the regular keyboard, and it is slower than the Samsung keyboard.

Note in my house!

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
With the Note, you can use handwriting with any keyboard app. I tried the Google app, but didn't notice anything to make it worth keeping...especially since we have the built in Note writing features.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice !!And it recognises Afrikaans as well. Big improvement

Thanks for the headsup on this

Cursive recognition much much better

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have three handwriting apps on my phone, listed in order of usability:

1. Stylus Beta: write out what you want, then it has decent tools for going back and editing what you wrote. Good handwriting recognition. Same "linear" format as Google writing.

2. Samsung's s-pen handwriting recognition. Recognition is not quite as good. Editing tools are clumsier and harder to use. But going fullscreen starts to feel natural and you can see all of what you have written in context, so that's a big plus. In addition, it doesn't have to be your "default" keyboard, you can just pull it up when you feel like writing, and not pull it up when you don't.

3. Google writing. Obviously early beta. Almost no correction capability. Impossible to review what you've written in a meaningful way. I predict they will buy Stylus Beta and make it the new Google writing very soon, as they did with the photograph translator app that got integrated into Google Translate. They're just writing their own clumsy clone for now to see if it's worth buying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress