Text messages failing

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that uses hangouts for hangouts and sms...

I have sprint and this has been working happening for nearly a week, my text messages fail near half the time. My hangouts go through but any carrier sms seem to fail. Not sure if its a Google problem or sprint....

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If hangouts are going through and not your regular SMS, it sounds like its a carrier thing. One thing you can do is if Sprint has a forum (very likely they do) you may find others reporting the same issue or possibly a solution, or perhaps alert others there is an issue they may have thought was only on their device. I would reach out to support. How old is the device, what device is it, give us a bit of detail and we will see what we can piece together.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol, aren't we in a note 4 forum... I've had the Sprint note 4 since October, have been using hangouts as my one and only messaging app and have only has this texting issue over the last 1-2 weeks.

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
He also said "if SPRINT has a forum". He's probably aware this is a note 4 forum and is suggesting you use a Sprint forum because it sounds like a Sprint issue.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Upon further review....

I installed textra for messaging and all messages are going through right now.

Not sure if sprint is having issues and causing hangouts to fail when not using hangout to hangout and just sms.

Going to go into sprint specific forum and ask around as stated above.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Upon further review....

I installed textra for messaging and all messages are going through right now.

Not sure if sprint is having issues and causing hangouts to fail when not using hangout to hangout and just sms.

Going to go into sprint specific forum and ask around as stated above.

Check out XDA Sprint forum over for Note 4 :)