Lollipop Action Memo bug help? Please

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I've done the two lollipop updates for att. I did a factory reset after each one because of this bug.... When I launch action memo and I try to minimize it, the memo vanishes. After that, I can no longer open and action memo from air command. Can anyone on att confirm this bug? If I'm the only one, then I guess a factory reset is the only option... frustrating.....

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
No issue with mine on lollipop. Minimise and opens normally. Have you tried clearing the action memo app cache? And then rebooting?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
No issue with mine on lollipop. Minimise and opens normally. Have you tried clearing the action memo app cache? And then rebooting?
Are you on att? I cleared Snote cache and it didn't help. I've also Uninstalled the Snote updates. Is there a separate action memo cache?

Anyway to reflash the updates?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Solved it. I turned off animations and transitions in developer options, which seemed to break the app. Once I turned those back on, restarted phone, action memo started working again

hydarnes98

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Solved it. I turned off animations and transitions in developer options, which seemed to break the app. Once I turned those back on, restarted phone, action memo started working again

Hey. Can you help me??? I have the same problem and have been trying your solution and it hasn't worked!!!!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey. Can you help me??? I have the same problem and have been trying your solution and it hasn't worked!!!!

Are you using TouchWiz as you launcher (the default Samsung launcher that comes with the phone) or a replacement such as Nova Launcher?

You must use TouchWiz for this to work.

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Glad this worked for you. Not mine. No, you are not alone. I called Samsung right after the ATT lollipop update came out. Sammy told me I was the only one with this issue. Yogi, you make me feel better and worse. I guess it's just me again. Factory restore worked for a couple months, then it started again. I've deleted the "data & Cache", wiped the cache, reset transitions all for nothing. I am starting to believe that it has something to do with the ATT voice mail app. This is where I want to use Action Memo the most. Sometimes If I minimize AC before using ATT VM it works Ok, but I can't say always. Still testing that. The other big annoyance I have is the screen time out keeps resetting to 1 minute instead of 3 minutes. Sometimes I just want to yell "Help Me Mister Wizard"

My work around for the Action Memo is to use S Note to write down phone message info.

POOR ME, All Alone Again. The story of my life. I always get the one of kind CRAP. Even my 2nd wife, luckily though, she's a KEEPER.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey, sorry, just seeing this.

I'm not sure what to do other than what I explained above. Reset all to stock and don't mess with developer options.

I did like 2 or 3 factory resests in the process, so maybe that helped too? I don't know. My problem stopped as soon as I put everything back to stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad this worked for you. Not mine. No, you are not alone. I called Samsung right after the ATT lollipop update came out. Sammy told me I was the only one with this issue. Yogi, you make me feel better and worse. I guess it's just me again. Factory restore worked for a couple months, then it started again. I've deleted the "data & Cache", wiped the cache, reset transitions all for nothing. I am starting to believe that it has something to do with the ATT voice mail app. This is where I want to use Action Memo the most. Sometimes If I minimize AC before using ATT VM it works Ok, but I can't say always. Still testing that. The other big annoyance I have is the screen time out keeps resetting to 1 minute instead of 3 minutes. Sometimes I just want to yell "Help Me Mister Wizard"

My work around for the Action Memo is to use S Note to write down phone message info.

POOR ME, All Alone Again. The story of my life. I always get the one of kind CRAP. Even my 2nd wife, luckily though, she's a KEEPER.
Sorry to hear that. It's annoying.

For me, evernote launched way faster than action memo (when I had the problem). If I still had the issue, I'd use evernote for taking down short, quick notes and S note for longer ones.

hydarnes98

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey, sorry, just seeing this.

I'm not sure what to do other than what I explained above. Reset all to stock and don't mess with developer options.

I did like 2 or 3 factory resests in the process, so maybe that helped too? I don't know. My problem stopped as soon as I put everything back to stock.

It's just not worth it!!! I have a lot of app data that I need and if I reset my phone to factory then all that will be gone!!!!

KH-Clans

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Solution is just setting the Developer Option's Animator Duration to 1x only (problem solved). The other two animation scales setting can be changed without impact.

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Solution is just setting the Developer Option's Animator Duration to 1x only (problem solved). The other two animation scales setting can be changed without impact.
Doesn't work every time. Problem still persists.

*edit*
Nevermind...I had to reboot once I applied the setting & now it works every time. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz