Who came back to note 4 from S6?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had the S6 for 3 days now. Everything is smooth and fast on the S6, but the battery life is not so great.

I am thinking of exchange the S6 for the Note 4 (had it before and gave it to my brother) or should I wait for the Note 5?
I have a Nokia 635 as backup phone :)

Thanks.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely wait on the Note 5 and just deal with the battery life until then. I had the Note 3 and now have the 4 and can't wait to see what the Note 5 brings :)

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

Last edited:

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
If Note 5 is going to be similar to the S6 then I will definitely stay with the Note 4. I've had it for 5 months now and still can't find anything wrong with it no matter how hard I try.

Jde2466

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
If you will keep the S6 and then upgrade to the Note 5 then why not go ahead and get the Note 4? If you like the Note 5 when it comes out then you can upgrade from the Note 4 to it just like you are talking about going from the S6 to the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
If you already know you prefer the Note 4 over the S6, then go back to the Note 4. When the Note 5 comes out later on, you can decide if you want to switch.

In my experience, there isn't much need to do sequence upgrades (Note 3-Note 4) because the changes tend to be somewhat incremental. If you do "every other" (Note 4-Note 6 for example) you tend to see a much bigger jump in performance and features.

I doubt I'll see much need to upgrade to the Note 5, if history is any indication with my previous Samsung devices. But when they start announcing the Note 6, I am sure I'll be ready to jump up to it.

Unless you're just one of those people that needs to be known as "that guy" with the latest and greatest bling phone.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had the S6 for 3 days now. Everything is smooth and fast on the S6, but the battery life is not so great.

I am thinking of exchange the S6 for the Note 4 (had it before and gave it to my brother) or should I wait for the Note 5?

Thanks.

How bad is the battery life? I picked up a phone @ verizon store which was like a display phone and i though it had good battery life!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If Note 5 is going to be similar to the S6 then I will definitely stay with the Note 4. I've had it for 5 months now and still can't find anything wrong with it no matter how hard I try.

I've had my N4 since I switched to TMO in October. The first one had a minor problem, but TMO replaced it the next day, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. If Sammy chooses to go with the non-replaceable battery and no SD card for the N5, I will either keep my N4 or maybe switch to an LG or maybe even a Nexus. TMO hasn't released Lollypop for the N4 yet, so I'll see how that plays out. So I would suggest you go with the Note 4 now, then see what happens when the Note 5 is released.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had my N4 since I switched to TMO in October. The first one had a minor problem, but TMO replaced it the next day, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. If Sammy chooses to go with the non-replaceable battery and no SD card for the N5, I will either keep my N4 or maybe switch to an LG or maybe even a Nexus. TMO hasn't released Lollypop for the N4 yet, so I'll see how that plays out. So I would suggest you go with the Note 4 now, then see what happens when the Note 5 is released.

Why would you switch to Nexus? They don't have removable batteries and sd cards either.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
My current Note 4 battery graph:

Screenshot.png

Yeah, those are days, not hours. :) I grabbed that screenshot after about 10 hours of fairly moderate use.

I debated the S6, but jumped on the N4 after using an S6 for about 30 minutes and watching the battery drop 20%. To be honest, I also cannot stand the S6's glass back. Yeah, like I need glass on both sides to worry about. No thanks.

Of course, since you already have the S6, you could wait to see the details for the N5 and jump to an N4 if the N5 looks like a bigger clone of an S6 (e.g., glass back, non-removable battery). The N4 will be even less expensive then.

Last edited:

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
How bad is the battery life? I picked up a phone @ verizon store which was like a display phone and i though it had good battery life!
I am getting roughly 9-10 hours battery life and I disabled most apps that I don't use often. Screen is set at 20% and location is turned off, restricted background services too. I am not a power user. Maybe because I came from the note series and I am used to the outstanding battery life :)

I think I'll return the S6 and pickup a note 4 from ebay. Saving my upgrade for future use, if needed.

Thanks

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I was debating on waiting for the s6, but found somebody on craigslist willing to trade my Iphone 6plus for his note 4! Best decision ever. This phone blows away every phone out there... honestly... f*** the s6....

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'd get the Note 4, your usage with the S6 seem pretty poor. The only thing that makes me nervous about the Note 5 is if Samsung does like what they did with the S6 ie. no longer able to swap the battery and lack of micro SD card.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
N
My current Note 4 battery graph:

View attachment 172212

Yeah, those are days, not hours. :) I grabbed that screenshot after about 10 hours of fairly moderate use.

I debated the S6, but jumped on the N4 after using an S6 for about 30 minutes and watching the battery drop 20%. To be honest, I also cannot stand the S6's glass back. Yeah, like I need glass on both sides to worry about. No thanks.

Of course, since you already have the S6, you could wait to see the details for the N5 and jump to an N4 if the N5 looks like a bigger clone of an S6 (e.g., glass back, non-removable battery). The N4 will be even less expensive then.

Wow how did you get battery life like that? I usually get a good day.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Oops! I forgot. :p

No, I think you have a valid point here. If Samsung decide to go with a sealed in battery and non expandable memory on the Note 5, then they have created a level playing field, and for that they deserve to suffer from people choosing another manufacturer for aping Apple!

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd wait for the Note 5 come October. I'm thinking it will be just a larger version of the S6 with a speed boost and hopefully a removable battery and sd card included unlike the S6.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow how did you get battery life like that? I usually get a good day.

Honestly, not sure. I grabbed this screenshot that day because I was pretty surprised. Even so, it is usually at around 80% when I get home from work (around 10 or 11 hours off the charger), which still blows me away. Up until a week ago I had an S3, which would usually be at around 40% when I got home...even with a relatively new (Anker) battery.

My use during the day is mostly email, texting, and some surfing. I am not on the device non-stop, but it is never far from me and I probably deal with email on it at least a couple of times an hour.

I suppose it could be the new battery and the fact that I have a good signal, so it is not struggling. It could also be that out of habit I still turn off wifi, location services, and bluetooth when I do not need them, but perhaps I'll stop doing that. ;)

I also try to minimize installing apps that I don't really use. Some apps still have components that run and use data even when you think they are completely shut down. For example, my Amazon app alerted me that a package was delivered a couple of days ago...and it was not running. Thus, some component of it must be in the background...and at least getting push notifications if not polling.

That said, I am not completely minimizing data use at work. I have a number of widgets installed, including some that use data, like a weather widget and the MLB score widget that hits the network every 60 seconds. I also play music/podcasts in my jeep (via bluetooth) during my commute.

I am just really happy that I finally decided to go with the N4 rather than the S6.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.

I personally would wait for Note 5. Too much jumping around if you are getting Note 4 now and then still upgrading to Note 5. Unless you have tons of money, then go nuts hehehehe.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have both the Note 4 and just got in last Thursday the New Galaxy S6 128GB from Verizon. I can tell you after playing around with the S6 for a few days I'm right back on the Note 4. The S6 is a fast/slick little phone but feels like a tiny toy that my 13 year daughter should be playing with. After having the Note 4 since launch this tiny S6 has absolutely nothing on the Note 4. If we don't give the S6 to our daughter I'm thinking about just returning it. Paid $800. Cash for it.

Bottom line, the S6 has nothing on the Note 4. I'll play with the S6 for a couple days but just make a refund out of it.:'(

Does Verizon make you pay a restocking fee if you return a phone got 3 days ago?

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm the type of guy that changes devices very often (take a look at my signature). The only device I kept for almost 2 years was the Note 2, best device I had ever owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2