Note 4 heavy users what's your battery like?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think I fit in the heavy category. I would like to know what the rest of you heavy users battery is like. Lol I wake up around 630 am and I probably would be close to having a dead battery by 3pm then by 8 or 9pm. It is almost 1am and I have 53%. I have more than one battery so I don't have to worry about charging it but I just wonder what everyone elses life is like.

I put every phone to the test.

Posted via the Android Central App

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Mines a beast too. I'm a pretty heavy user, and I'm at like 70% after a work day. Sometimes I want to push it hard to see how fast it will drain and it still just trucks along slowly. I love it.

Also have two batteries, but haven't even had a need to touch my spare.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
It's the screen time that matters. I get 5 hours of screen time and battery percentage is under 10%. On Lollipop.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I can easily get through a work day, with not being a heavy user. But the other day I was at the doctor with horrible coverage for 2 hours between waits and tests, and I was on my phone the entire time. From 7:45am off the charger until getting home around 3:30 for lunch I was at 35% battery life with about 3 hours of SoT. So I could have pushed 4 hours of SoT, no wifi, heavy usage with bad / ok coverage throughout the day. So maybe 9 hours of heavy usage total?

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hmm... I can easily get through a work day, with not being a heavy user. But the other day I was at the doctor with horrible coverage for 2 hours between waits and tests, and I was on my phone the entire time. From 7:45am off the charger until getting home around 3:30 for lunch I was at 35% battery life with about 3 hours of SoT. So I could have pushed 4 hours of SoT, no wifi, heavy usage with bad / ok coverage throughout the day. So maybe 9 hours of heavy usage total?

Bluetooth/Location on? So weird in about such time be at 35%.

Playing games? =)

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I get 4.5 to 5 hrs screen on, but I also have 3 Bluetooth devices connected at any given time, high accuracy GPS, WiFi and mobile on always... In other words: the battery life on this beast is excellent enough that I don't have to obsess about it like I did with my S3.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I get five hours of screen on time regularly and do not turn off any settings others than wifi when I'm not at home. I've had the phone a month now and only been below 20% once at the end of they day. I bought a spare battery but have not used it yet.

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong because I am typically down to 50% by lunchtime and I usually can't get home by 6 without charging it.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong because I am typically down to 50% by lunchtime and I usually can't get home by 6 without charging it.

I'm more like you are

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-18-10-42-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-18-10-42-22.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 397
  • Screenshot_2015-04-18-10-42-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-18-10-42-03.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 398

mjrtom7

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

I'm with you ajneuman...my battery dips below 50% by lunch time and then continues to drop througjt the day, with minimal SoT. Is it due to poor 4g signal, and the phone e constantly looking for a signal? I just bought a spare battery and charger to compensate...

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you ajneuman...my battery dips below 50% by lunch time and then continues to drop througjt the day, with minimal SoT. Is it due to poor 4g signal, and the phone e constantly looking for a signal? I just bought a spare battery and charger to compensate...

If you are in an area where the 4g signal is weak or if you are near 1,000's of other smartphones (baseball game or other event with huge #'s of people), this can kill your battery very quickly, much faster than screen being on.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
During heavy use get about 12 hours total uptime and around 4-5 hours of screen on time with about 10% left (still on KitKat, froze OTA updater to do so). This is while always on LTE (never Wi-Fi) which has a strong signal at home and work (and everywhere in between) and screen brightness set to auto. I then just swap out the battery (via the Samsung spare battery kit) to get back to 100%.

Otherwise with light use I can get anywhere from 2-4 days total uptime with around 2-3 hours screen on time (phone has phenomenal standby time. See my post here).

How did you freeze the automatic update? What's OTA?

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have been trolling battery life blogs and I'm convinced we are in a small minority. Other power users get through the work day on a single charge while I have to charge twice during my average day at home on wifi. I considered a factory reset but decided to wait on the lollipop update before I do. Screen and Android system are the highest consumers which is not unusual so it is kind of difficult to diagnose. If my problem is not solved I will consider replacing my Note but I fear getting a refurbished one in exchange.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have been trolling battery life blogs and I'm convinced we are in a small minority. Other power users get through the work day on a single charge while I have to charge twice during my average day at home on wifi. I considered a factory reset but decided to wait on the lollipop update before I do. Screen and Android system are the highest consumers which is not unusual so it is kind of difficult to diagnose. If my problem is not solved I will consider replacing my Note but I fear getting a refurbished one in exchange.

Lollipop is not gonna make the battery life any better.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting about 5 hours of screen time. I think I was around 6 hours before lollipop.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's my signal then. I have two extra batteries and on some days I actually have to go through all 3. Definitely 2 a day

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are in an area where the 4g signal is weak or if you are near 1,000's of other smartphones (baseball game or other event with huge #'s of people), this can kill your battery very quickly, much faster than screen being on.

Just trying to learn, here... What does being around a lot of other people have to do with anything? Thank you

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

It's just as likely you have a defective battery as it is that you have a defective phone. I would try a new battery, first. Just a thought.