Help Blank emails after upgrade to lollipop

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
hi i am using stock sammy email in conjunction with yahoo and now after upgrade to lollipop i am getting some emails that come in blank. not sure what to do to fix? any help is greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's blank? Is it the whole email, or do you still get the details of who sent it and when? Do you have any other email accounts in that Email app, and are they exhibiting the same issue?

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The body of the email is blank when it shouldnt be. The senders and time do show up. This is the only account in the email app. However the email is not blank when view on a pc.

thanks for the help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there any pattern to which emails are blank? Like from any specific senders? Or if they're HTML-rich content (as opposed to plain text)?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
The body of the email is blank when it shouldnt be. The senders and time do show up. This is the only account in the email app. However the email is not blank when view on a pc.

thanks for the help!

This is a long shot, but have you tried touching the blank message space on the screen and see if a little "Load more" box shows in the lower left of the blank area? If so, touch that "Load more" box and see if the email body shows up then.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks again for the help! not sure if there is a pattern to which emails are blank? it seemed to happen from a couple of different senders.

also i did click on "load more" to no avail.

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is just weird. Try going to App Manager, select Email, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it and try again. You might have to add the email accounts back again.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I believe email content is rich HTML. Or has pictures. What email do you use? What service do you have for email? I mean MS Exchange, iMap, POP3?

dantunes

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever figure out your problem? I have the exact same issue as you described. No rime or reason as to which e-mails are blank. Pleas e-mail me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance