Whatsapp

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to Android and the Note 4 and have a slight problem with Whatsapp that hopefully someone could help me with, sometimes I do not get alerted that I have a new message in Whatsapp and sometimes I do, I never missed a message on the iPhone version but so many times here I'm not getting new messages until I go into the app itself, just wondering if this is a problem with the android version of Whatsapp or a problem with my phone, it only seems to happen if I have wifi off at home but still always have at least one bar of signal although my signal on the 3 network seems a lot stronger on the iPhone than the Note 4 which by the way is an outstanding phone and made the swap to android easier than I thought it would be.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey Lefs,

Welcome to Android world! I think the only reason you not getting the notifications is probably because you either close the app or you don't refresh it with mobile data once you get out of reach of Wi-Fi.

Just make sure you hop into the app when you are no longer in Wi Fi and see if it's connected using the mobile data!

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gunny, that's what I've been doing when possible but shouldn't I still get notifications if I've got data turned on, cheers.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gunny, that's what I've been doing when possible but shouldn't I still get notifications if I've got data turned on, cheers.

Hmm, you might want to check this out :

To ensure the prompt delivery of WhatsApp message notifications, please check that you have a good internet connection and your phone is configured properly.

Possible reasons for not receiving notifications:

Muted groups do not display notifications.
You have disabled all notifications in the WhatsApp settings.
You have unchecked Show notifications in System settings > Apps > WhatsApp.
If you are receiving notifications but the messages are delayed, please read this article here.

Also, have you seen your own phone notifications? :) It's really weird to see this happening