How do I stop Calender Storage Stopped error messages?

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Calender Storage Problems

I have been getting "calender storage stopped" error messages since updating to 5.0.1 on my Note 4.

Non stop. All day.

I'll get it at least 10 times a day.

Then my calender will be empty.

All my appointments will not show.

it'll be blank.

Then it'll resolve itself and start working again.

Then randomly turn off.

This is a major issue for me because I have 2 calenders. My personal and my work.

With it constantly killing itself, im not getting reminders.
I could miss meetings!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have tried clearing Data and Cache a million times.

Does not help.

I do have Calender Event Reminder installed. But I had this installed from previous OS version and didn't have issues.

I started getting issues the moment I upgraded to 5.0.1

Please help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Calender Storage Problems

I'd try disabling Calendar Event Reminder first, and seeing if that helps (not all apps are still well coded for LP). If not, I'd suggest removing your calendar accounts, clearing Calendar data, reboot into recovery and clear the cache partition, and then re-add your accounts.
If that doesn't help, then try factory resetting your phone (which, in all honesty, you should have done when updating from KK to LP anyway).

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I'd try disabling Calendar Event Reminder first, and seeing if that helps (not all apps are still well coded for LP). If not, I'd suggest removing your calendar accounts, clearing Calendar data, reboot into recovery and clear the cache partition, and then re-add your accounts.
If that doesn't help, then try factory resetting your phone (which, in all honesty, you should have done when updating from KK to LP anyway).

Thanks for the helpful reply.

How do I boot into recovery & clear cache partition?
What will be erased by clearing cache?

I'd have preferred to factory reset after upgrading to LP but since I'm not rooted,I don't have a strong app that will allow me to reload my phone as it was before factory reset.

Or I'm not aware of an app that creates a full image of the device & allows you to load it back.
As opposed to reinstalling all my apps, then configuring each one the way I want it to be.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you turn off your device, then turn it back on by pressing and holding the Power button + Home button + Volume Down. It should boot into recovery. Using the volume keys select Clear Cache (this erases temporary databases... might force some apps to rebuild their temp data, so they might take a bit longer to start up, but once it's rebuilt, they should be back to normal... clearing cache sometimes helps to bring rogue apps back to normal, too). Use the power button to select.

As for backing up, I believe Helium doesn't need root to work, but user reviews are mixed. Some say it works flawlessly, some say it doesn't do squat. So proceed at your own risk. The truth is, although a PITA, it's always better to do a factory reset after a major update such as going from KK to LP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia