Battery draining faster after lollipop update

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I had huge problems with battery life after the update as well. A good solution for me was deactivating useless apps and all the bloatware that comes from Samsung.. altogether about 25 apps. After that everything is fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I had huge problems with battery life after the update as well. A good solution for me was deactivating useless apps and all the bloatware that comes from Samsung.. altogether about 25 apps. After that everything is fine.

Will you share what you had disabled?

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been on Android since Cupcake. I never do an update without a reset, ever. I also reset before the update and I reset in recovery mode.

It is really better to update on a clean phone, then reset and clear cache after the update.

One time I did not follow those personal rules.

Guess how many times I've had issues after numerous upgrades? Once. When I didn't reset.

It makes no difference if you do a factory reset and wipe cache before or after an OS update. The old OS files get wiped out on a reset after you update the OS. I going to guess you don't have a clue what factory reset (wipe) does. :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It makes no difference if you do a factory reset and wipe cache before or after an OS update. The old OS files get wiped out on a reset after you update the OS. I going to guess you don't have a clue what factory reset (wipe) does. :)

I know exactly what a factory reset does.

There are many long time Android users that find updates, especially large ones, go much smoother with the reset after and some of us like to do the reset before and after. The clearing the cache just wipes anything that possibly could have been left.

YMMV, however, that doesn't mean I don't know what a reset does.

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Will you share what you had disabled?

That's my list. I'm getting about 7 hours SOT out of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-28.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-18.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-08.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-34-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-34-58.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 88

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone got battery draining faster after update to android 5?I just updated couple of hours ago and battery went down from 100% to 67% without using it when before update would still be 95% minimum without using it just in my pocket
What could be the cause?
I also get less signal from my operator after update
Best
Alex

I just updated to L. yesterday, but I can see a definite decrease in my battery life as well.😠 There are also a coupleof apps that are a little "glitchy." Bummed about the battery but I'm going to give it a few days to see if things improve. Here's hoping they do b/c I'm really not looking forward to a M. Reset! Guess we'll see. One big improvement I did notice though, @ least on my device, is the fingerprint scanner is working MUCH better! I'm happy about that b/c previously, I didn't even use it because it only worked about 20% of the time! (on T Mobile.)

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

Last edited:

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
How long before your phone seemed to settle down after the update?

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

Last edited:

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I pestered TMO to no end for Lollipop, installed it finally this week. Why couldn't they sort this better with the time it took to release the OTA?! Battery life was crap and the Note 4 suffered from the same lag and jitters as before. Good thing for my original Jump program, as they got the Note 4 back and I moved to the GS6. Hopefully the Note 5 will have it's software sorted, so I can move back in the fall.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6

jjorge002

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I struggled, did everything I read and nothing worked and the problem is simple: Facebook location for messenger creates huge problem on the performance. Remove that and at least it fixes the overheat and battery problems on my Note 3. I think the problem is always related to the Location.

dadnukum

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My battery now lasts about three hours. Hands down, the highest usage is Bluetooth. I have to keep Bluetooth turned off until I make a call. It's also quite hot. I've rebooted but will not do a hard reset. If this doesn't get resolved, the phone is going under the wheels of the nearest city bus.

Don't they test releases?

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My battery now lasts about three hours. Hands down, the highest usage is Bluetooth. I have to keep Bluetooth turned off until I make a call. It's also quite hot. I've rebooted but will not do a hard reset. If this doesn't get resolved, the phone is going under the wheels of the nearest city bus.

My Note 4 gets a day to a day and day and a half if I really push it on one charge. 3 hours suggests you have too many applications running that are killing the battery...realistically you are responsible for managing your own device and it's battery drain and not the manufacture. Your complaint is like saying your car never gets the posted MPG when you drive faster than the speed limits (which is what they gauge the cars MPG on!)

I have my bluetooth on all the time, I have my location finder on all the time, I don't use NFC. I have WiFi on all the time. About half my apps are stored on my SD card while the others that can't be moved are running on the system storage. I use Gmail, Exchange, Facebook, WhatsApp, WeChat, Outlook. Hotmail and BBM. I don't play games on my phone (I have a computer for that), I don't watch movies (I have an Android TV/KODI for that). I do slow charge the battery at least once a week using an older Samsung charger.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

That is not normal. I might consider a warranty exchange if I couldn't send it to Samsung for a repair.

korentas

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Actually it is in direct correlation to the update.
I received the update yesterday and immediately after the battery problem began. My phone is brand new and I have not installed anything just the update.
Lollipop's battery consumption is way much higher than Kitkat's. There are so many searches about the problem, this forum topic made it to number 1 in Google search for "battery running low after update"...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670